Rapids Academy Goalkeeper Adam Beaudry to Compete in Concacaf Under-17 Championship
COMMERCE CITY, Colo. - Colorado Rapids Academy product Adam Beaudry has been called up to the U.S. U-17 Men's Youth National Team for the Concacaf U-17 Championship, the club announced today. Beaudry, a Rapids U-17 goalkeeper, will compete in the event from February 11 to 26, in Antigua and Guatemala City, Guatemala, under head coach Gonzalo Segares. The U.S. will kick off its group stage campaign with a match against Barbados on February 11 before facing Trinidad & Tobago on February 13 and Canada on February 15.
"We are very proud and excited to see Adam selected to the youth national team roster for the U-17 Concacaf Championship," said Chris Cartlidge, Rapids Academy Technical Director. "This is an incredible opportunity for Adam to represent his country and seek qualification for the U-17 World Cup later this year."
"Adam is an incredible young man that has earned the respect and affection of those he has played with and for during his youth career at Real Colorado and the Colorado Rapids," continued Cartlidge. "He has had some influential experiences the past 12 months earning call ups to U-17 youth national team camps and tournaments, the MLS NEXT All-Star Game, and Rapids 2 and the Colorado Rapids First Team preseason. He has remained humble and committed to his work and development and we are excited to see him take another exciting step in his journey."
Beaudry is entering his second year with the Rapids organization after a successful youth career with Real Colorado. The young goalkeeper was called into national team camp three times during the 2022 season, and most recently, traveled to Fort Lauderdale, Florida, to join the Rapids Academy U-17 team in preparation for the Concacaf Under-17 Championship.
The Castle Pines, Colo., native currently occupies a starting position on the Rapids Academy U-17 team and has maintained one clean sheet in eight starts in the team's 2022-23 MLS NEXT season. The 16-year-old goalkeeper had a standout 2022 season, earning a professional debut with Rapids 2 on July 27, 2022, against Premier League 2 side Wolves U-21. Beaudry kicked off the 2023 season with the opportunity to attend preseason with the Rapids first team in Querétaro, Mexico.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 3, 2023
- Sounders FC Faces Al Ahly SC in the Second Round of the FIFA Club World Cup - Seattle Sounders FC
- Inter Miami CF Unveils Plans for Fútbol Fiesta Event on Saturday, February 18 at DRV PNK Stadium - Inter Miami CF
- Austin FC Adds Two Matches to 2023 Preseason Schedule Presented by St. David's Healthcare - Austin FC
- Aquino and Hawkins Called up to U.S. U-17 Men's Youth National Team - Seattle Sounders FC
- Three Quakes Players Called to United States U17 National Team for Concacaf U17 Championship - San Jose Earthquakes
- Rapids Academy Goalkeeper Adam Beaudry to Compete in Concacaf Under-17 Championship - Colorado Rapids
- Charlotte FC Academy Duo Make U-17 World Cup Qualifying Squads - Charlotte FC
- LA Galaxy Academy Midfielder Paulo Rudisill Named to U.S. U-17 Men's Youth National Team for 2023 Concacaf U-17 Championship in Guatemala - LA Galaxy
- New York City Football Club Acquires Defender Braian Cufré on Loan from RCD Mallorca - New York City FC
- Dynamo Academy FW Zeke Soto Named to the U-17 U.S. Youth National Team for 2023 Concacaf Men's U-17 Championship - Houston Dynamo FC
- New York Red Bulls Acquire Belgian International Dante Vanzeir from Royale Union Saint-Gilloise - New York Red Bulls
- Mark Geiger Named as the New General Manager of PRO - FC Dallas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Rapids Stories
- Weekly 'Colorado Rapids Podcast' to Launch Ahead of Season Opener
- Rapids Close Out Preseason with Tenacity, Fall to Orlando City SC, 3-2
- Preview: Colorado Rapids Set to Face Orlando City SC in Preseason Finale
- Colorado Rapids Unveil One Flag Kit Ahead of the 2024 Season
- Lewis Records Brace in Rapids Draw against Hartford Athletic