Rampage Reduce Roster by Three
SAN ANTONIO (October 12, 2010) - San Antonio Rampage General Manager Brad Treliving today announced that the American Hockey League (AHL) club has assigned defenseman Nick Ross and center Colin Long to their ECHL affiliate, the Las Vegas Wranglers. In addition, the Rampage have released left wing Pierre-Cedric Labrie from his professional try-out (PTO).
Ross, 21, appeared in 47 games with the Rampage last season posting two assists and 19 penalty minutes. The Edmonton, Alberta native recorded an assist and two penalty minutes in seven games with the Wranglers last season. He was selected by the Phoenix Coyotes in the first round (30th overall) in the 2007 NHL Draft.
Long, 21, appeared in 29 games with the Rampage last season collecting two goals and two assists. The Santa Barbara, Calif. native recorded the lone goal for the Rampage in a preseason game against the Texas Stars on Sept. 30, 2010. He was selected by the Phoenix Coyotes in the fourth round (99th overall) in the 2008 NHL Draft.
Labrie, 23, played in one preseason game with the Rampage on Sept. 30 against the Texas Stars recording one shot. The Baie-Comeau, Quebec native has skated in 191 career AHL games collecting 18 goals and 22 assists over the course of three seasons with Manitoba and Peoria.
The Rampage host the Peoria Rivermen this Friday at 7 p.m. at the AT&T Center and will feature the return of Dollar Drink Nights in which fans can buy fountain soda and draft beer for only $1. Individual tickets start at $10 and can be purchased online at sarampage.com, at the AT&T Center Southeast Box Office or by calling a Rampage sales representative at (210) 444-5554.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 12, 2010
- Power Play Produces 6-2 Win Over Rockford - Peoria Rivermen
- Phantoms Lose at Wilkes-Barre 2-1 - Adirondack Phantoms
- Penalty kill slump continues in 6-2 loss - Rockford IceHogs
- The Badger Connection - Connecticut Whale
- Heat Hit The Beach, Take On The Hogs - Abbotsford Heat
- Hamilton Bulldogs Weekly - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Barons Assign Gimblett and Arcobello to Stockton - Oklahoma City Barons
- Griffins Take Aim at Moose - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Dekanich Recalled to Nashville - Milwaukee Admirals
- Voynov Assigned to Manchester - Manchester Monarchs
- 'Canes Assign Tlusty to AHL for Conditioning Stint - Charlotte Checkers
- Rampage Reduce Roster by Three - San Antonio Rampage
- Aeros Reassign Goaltender Tordjman to Bakersfield - Houston Aeros
- P-Bruins Assign Ryan Donald and Alain Goulet to Reading - Providence Bruins
- Amerks Hit the Books for Sixth Straight Season - Rochester Americans
- Nolan Schaefer Sent South to Providence - Providence Bruins
- Houston Aeros Re-Launch Website - Houston Aeros
- Crunch Announce Details of Denny's Tough Guy Meal Offer - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolves Open Home Schedule Saturday - Chicago Wolves
- Blue Jackets Assign David Leneveu to Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- Janik Joins Wings, Griffins Sign Straub - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Crunch Announce Details of Jack Link's Beef Jerky Saturdays Program - Syracuse Crunch
- Aeros Weekly - Houston Aeros
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.