Railroaders Swept in St. Paul
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Chase Simpson drove in his first run as a Cleburne Railroader, but the Railroaders were swept in a 10-3 loss to the St. Paul Saints at CHS Field on Wednesday afternoon.
The Railroaders opened the scoring with Simpson's RBI double over Burt Reynolds's head in the 1st inning - the first time in the series Cleburne opened the scoring.
The Saints answered with a four-run 2nd inning in which Max Murphy cleared the bases with a double and Brady Shoemaker worked a bases-loaded walk to make it 4-1.
Cleburne starter Michael Gunn went 1.1 innings and gave up four runs with five walks and one strikeout. St. Paul starter Eddie Medina gave up a run on six hits with no walks and eight strikeouts over five innings of work.
The Saints added to the lead with a three-run 5th inning. Justin O'Conner scored on a throwing error by reliever Will Mathis, and Anthony Phillips drove in his fourth run of the series with an RBI double to extend the lead. Kyle Barrett then singled in another run for a 7-1 Saints lead.
Cleburne rallied for two runs in the 7th when Quinn Irey singled and Trevor Sealey reached on an error to set up Angel Rosa for a two-run double that cut the deficit to 7-3.
The Saints added two more runs in the bottom of the 7th and one more in the bottom of the 8th. Murphy drove in a run with an RBI double and Burt Reynolds did the same. Matt Snyder added another with an RBI single.
The Railroaders wrapped up a six-game roadtrip and now head back home to open a six-game homestand beginning with a series against the Chicago Dogs on Friday night. First pitch time is set for 7:06 p.m. and Cleburne will send ace Jared Mortensen to the mound.
Friday night is also Fireworks Night at The Depot, and tickets are available at www.railroaderbaseball.com or by calling (817) 945-8705.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from July 11, 2018
- Lambson Stymies Canaries, Birds Fall to Goldeyes - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Fabio's Walk-Off Fielder's Choice Gives Gary 3-2 Win over Texas - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Lambson Throws Two-Hit Shutout over Canaries - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Saltdogs Add Bellevue University Product Joe Moran, Herron Claimed off Waivers - Lincoln Saltdogs
- We're Going Streakin: Saints Win Third Straight, Sweep Railroaders 10-3 - St. Paul Saints
- Railroaders Swept in St. Paul - Cleburne Railroaders
- Dogs Bats Quieted in Rubber Match Loss - Chicago Dogs
- Six-Run Ninth Downs Wingnuts in Finale - Wichita Wingnuts
- Dogs Hold on to Knot up Series with X's - Chicago Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.