Railroaders Drop Second Game in St. Paul
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - John Menken hit a pair of singles and drove in a run, but Cleburne dropped a fourth straight game in a 5-4 loss to the St. Paul Saints at CHS Field on Tuesday night.
Cleburne brought the tying run to the plate in the 9th after Patrick Palmeiro singled with two outs and Cam Monger followed him up with a double. K.C. Huth singled to left and scored two runs, but was then thrown out trying to advance to second base to end the game.
Menken drove in a run with a single after Huth clubbed a two-out triple in the 5th inning, but Cleburne scored just one earned run against Saints starter Trevor Foss - who went 6.2 innings and gave up just six hits with no walks and seven strikeouts in his St. Paul debut.
Cleburne did not walk during the game - the first time the Railroaders have failed to walk in a single game in 2018.
St. Paul opened the scoring in the 2nd inning when Dante Bichette Jr. drove home the game's first run on a two-out RBI single that scored Matt Snyder.
The Saints added two more runs on an RBI single from Burt Reynolds and Zach Walters in the 3rd inning, and Reynolds added another RBI with a run-scoring single in the 4th.
After Menken's RBI single in the 5th, Zach Walters, making his St. Paul debut, hit his seventh homer of the year - a solo shot to right.
The Railroaders clawed back with an unearned run in the 7th, but Cleburne starter Dylan Mouzakes tied a team high with 11 hits allowed and gave up five runs with a pair of walks and three strikeouts.
The Cleburne bullpen tossed three scoreless innings, including Roman Gomez - who pitched two innings and allowed just one walk in the seven batters he faced. Shawn Blackwell went a scoreless 8th inning allowing a hit and striking out one.
The Railroaders wrap up the three-game series in Minnesota on Wednesday. First pitch time from CHS Field is 1:05 p.m. and LHP Michael Gunn will go head-to-head with RHP Eddie Medina.
Cleburne returns home July 13th to open a series with the Chicago Dogs. Good seats are still available and all promotional info can be found at www.railroaderbaseball.com or by calling (817) 945-8705.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from July 10, 2018
- X's Bats Held in Check against Chicago - Sioux City Explorers
- Kane's Start and Offensive Outburst Buoy Wingnuts - Wichita Wingnuts
- The T-Bones Cash in on Two Errors in 2-1 Win - Kansas City T-Bones
- Errors Pile up for Saltdogs in 2-1 Loss - Lincoln Saltdogs
- St. Paul Thwarts Cleburne, Capturing Consecutive Home Wins for the First Time Since May - St. Paul Saints
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Railroaders Drop Second Game in St. Paul - Cleburne Railroaders
- Canaries Beat Goldeyes in Longest Game in League History - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Canaries Win Longest Game in League History - Sioux Falls Canaries
- AirHogs Roar Back to Clinch Series vs. RailCats - Texas AirHogs
- You Complete Me: Saints Get Starter Trevor Foss to Round out Rotation - St. Paul Saints
- Season-High 15 Left on Base Too Much to Overcome in 7-4 Loss to Texas - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- X's Win Inaugural Meeting with Dogs - Sioux City Explorers
- RedHawks Seize Extra-Inning Opener - Wichita Wingnuts
- T-Bones Hold Onto Early Lead Despite Pitching Woes - Kansas City T-Bones
- AirHogs Open Gary Series with 5-3 Win - Texas AirHogs
- Dogs Comeback Bid Falls Short in 3-2 Series-Opening Loss - Chicago Dogs
- Saltdogs Nine-Run Comeback Attempt Dies with Tying Run on Base - Lincoln Saltdogs
- McCann Drives in Four as Goldeyes Mount Comeback - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Goldeyes Slip Past Canaries in Ninth - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Railroaders Can't Overcome Early Deficit In Loss To Saints - Cleburne Railroaders
- Offensive Explosion as Saints Down Railroaders 8-5 - St. Paul Saints
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.