American Association Game Recaps
July 10, 2018 - American Association (AA) News Release
Winnipeg 5, Sioux Falls 4- Box Score
The Winnipeg Goldeyes (22-28) broke a seven-game skid with a walk-off 5-4 win over the Sioux Falls Canaries (19-28) on Monday.
The Canaries led off the game with a Dan Motl home run (2) and added one later in the top of the first on an RBI double by David Bergin. Sioux Falls added one in the third and one in the fifth to take a 4-0 lead. The Goldeyes got on the board with a Matt McCann RBI single in the bottom of the sixth and tied the game with a three-run seventh that featured a two-run triple from McCann.
McCann came through one more time with an RBI single in the bottom of the ninth to end the game.
Cameron McVey (2-0) pitched a 1-2-3 top of the ninth to earn the win.
Kansas City 12, Lincoln 9- Box Score
The Kansas City T-Bones (31-17) held on to an early lead to defeat the Lincoln Saltdogs (27-22) 12-9 on Monday.
The T-Bones produced 21 base runners in the contest (16 hits) (5 walks). Mason Davis, Nick Torres (2), Noah Perio Jr., Taylor Featherson (2), Keith Curcio, Dexter Kjerstad, and Tucker Pennell all had RBIs in the contest.
In the top of the seventh, Mason Davis hit a solo home run (1) and Taylor Featherson hit a two-run homer (3) to put the game out of reach at 12-3.
The Saltdogs pushed with a six-run bottom of the eighth that was highlighted by a three-run Christian Ibarra home run, but the scoring ended there.
Kansas City''s starter, Barrett Astin (6-2), was awarded the win after giving up three in six innings of work. Cody Winiarski pitched a scoreless ninth to earn the save (5).
Sioux City 3, Chicago 2- Box Score
The Sioux City Explorers (37-12) hit a pair of home runs to top the Chicago Dogs (18-30) by a score of 3-2 on Monday.
Both home runs came in the top of the second. Jose Sermo led off the inning with a home run (10). In the next at-bat Jay Baum singled before coming home on Dexture McCall home run (2).
Michael Falsetti drove in both runs for the Dogs with one coming on a solo home run (2) in the bottom of the fourth.
Justin Vernia (7-1) gave up just one unearned run in six innings of work to earn the win. Eric Karch pitched a scoreless ninth to earn the save (8).
Fargo-Moorhead 5, Wichita 3 (F/12)- Box Score
It took 12 innings, but the Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks (26-22) came away with a 5-3 win over the Wichita Wingnuts (29-19) on Monday.
The RedHawks scored first on a wild-pitch in the top of the second. Tony Thomas hit a solo home run (12) in the bottom of the frame to tie the game
Fargo-Moorhead took a 3-1 lead when Charlie Valerio hit an RBI single that scored Devan Ahart and resulted in a throwing error that scored Brennan Metzger. The Wingnuts would again tie the game in the bottom of the ninth with one scoring on a Zach Nehrir RBI single and one scoring on an Abel Nieves sacrifice fly.
The game remained tied until the top of the twelfth when Maikol Gonzales hit a two-run double.
Benji Waite (2-2) held Wichita scoreless for the final three innings to earn the win.
Texas 5, Gary SouthShore 3- Box Score
The Texas AirHogs (13-34) got a dominant pitching performance to top the Gary SouthShore Railcats (24-24) 5-3 on Monday.
AirHogs'' starter, Meng Weiqiang (4-4), gave up just two runs (one earned) on two hits over six innings of work.
Texas took a 2-1 lead in the top of the fourth with back to back RBIs by Chen Jungpen and Chen Chen. The lead grew to 4-1 in the sixth when Corelle Prime hit a solo home run (3) and Chen hit an RBI double.
Carlos Contreras was awarded the save (4).
St. Paul 8, Cleburne 5- Box Score
The Saint Paul Saints (26-23) topped the Cleburne Railroaders (17-30) by a score of 8-5 on Monday.
Burt Reynolds led the Saints at the dish, going 2-for-4 with a home run (12), two RBIs, and two runs scored. Maxx Murphy (2), Brady Shoemaker and Anthony Phillips (3) also batted in runners for St. Paul.
Saints reliever, Mike Devine (4-2), was awarded the win for 2.1 scoreless inning of relief and Zack Jones pitched a scoreless ninth to record the save (2).
Rafael Palmeiro went 0-for-1 at the dish with four walks and two RBIs for the Railroaders.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from July 10, 2018
- X's Bats Held in Check against Chicago - Sioux City Explorers
- Kane's Start and Offensive Outburst Buoy Wingnuts - Wichita Wingnuts
- The T-Bones Cash in on Two Errors in 2-1 Win - Kansas City T-Bones
- Errors Pile up for Saltdogs in 2-1 Loss - Lincoln Saltdogs
- St. Paul Thwarts Cleburne, Capturing Consecutive Home Wins for the First Time Since May - St. Paul Saints
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Railroaders Drop Second Game in St. Paul - Cleburne Railroaders
- Canaries Beat Goldeyes in Longest Game in League History - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Canaries Win Longest Game in League History - Sioux Falls Canaries
- AirHogs Roar Back to Clinch Series vs. RailCats - Texas AirHogs
- You Complete Me: Saints Get Starter Trevor Foss to Round out Rotation - St. Paul Saints
- Season-High 15 Left on Base Too Much to Overcome in 7-4 Loss to Texas - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- X's Win Inaugural Meeting with Dogs - Sioux City Explorers
- RedHawks Seize Extra-Inning Opener - Wichita Wingnuts
- T-Bones Hold Onto Early Lead Despite Pitching Woes - Kansas City T-Bones
- AirHogs Open Gary Series with 5-3 Win - Texas AirHogs
- Dogs Comeback Bid Falls Short in 3-2 Series-Opening Loss - Chicago Dogs
- Saltdogs Nine-Run Comeback Attempt Dies with Tying Run on Base - Lincoln Saltdogs
- McCann Drives in Four as Goldeyes Mount Comeback - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Goldeyes Slip Past Canaries in Ninth - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Railroaders Can't Overcome Early Deficit In Loss To Saints - Cleburne Railroaders
- Offensive Explosion as Saints Down Railroaders 8-5 - St. Paul Saints
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.