Railroaders Drop Opener to T-Bones
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Cam Monger doubled in two runs as part of Cleburne's four-run 1st inning, but the Cleburne Railroaders gave up seven unanswered runs in a 7-4 loss to the Kansas City T-Bones at T-Bones Stadium on Friday night.
The Railroaders (12-20) scored four times on three consecutive two hit outs in the 1st. Levi Scott opened the scoring with an RBI single and Monger added two more with his double. Michael Pair then singled in Monger to give Cleburne a 4-0 lead.
The T-Bones (19-13) then responded in the bottom-half of the inning. Dexter Kjerstad singled in the first run of the four-run rally before Keith Curcio tucked a three-run homer down the line to tie the game at four.
Cleburne starter Patrick Mincey took the loss and fell to 0-3 after giving up five runs on 10 hits over six innings.
Kansas City took the lead for good in the 3rd when Adrian Nieto singled in Curcio to make it 5-4. The T-Bones added two more runs in the 8th when Todd Cunningham plated a pair of runs with his two-out single.
T-Bones starter Barrett Astin surrendered four runs over six innings of work, scattering eight hits with one walk and six strikeouts. The T-Bone bullpen then combined for three scoreless innings, and Carlos Diaz notched his fourth save of the year with a 1-2-3 9th inning.
The Railroaders are now 0-3 on the roadtrip after Wendesday night's rainout in Gary. That game will be made up as part of a doubleheader on July 27th when the RailCats make their first-ever trip to the Depot.
Game 2 of the three-game series is set for 7:05 p.m. Saturday night. Cleburne will throw RHP Patrick Young and Kansas City will pitch LHP James Buckalew.
Cleburne returns home to open a seven-game homestand against the Sioux Falls Canaries on Tuesday, June 26. It will be another Two-For-Tuesday night at The Depot, and you can snag two tickets, two fountain drinks, two hot dogs and a gameday guide for $22. Tickets are available at www.railroaderbaseball.com or by calling (817) 945-8705.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from June 22, 2018
- Saints Let One Get Away, Lose 9-8 to Goldeyes - St. Paul Saints
- T-Bones Take Series Opener from Railroaders - Kansas City T-Bones
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Brown's Strong Start Leads RedHawks to Win over Wingnuts - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Dogs Drop Walk-Off Heartbreaker to Lincoln 5-4 - Chicago Dogs
- Jacobs Walk-Off Lifts Saltdogs to Series-Opening Win - Lincoln Saltdogs
- AirHogs Open Sioux Falls Series with Convincing 7-3 Win - Texas AirHogs
- Vernia Dominant as X's Shut out Cats - Sioux City Explorers
- Garrett's Big Night Not Enough, Birds Lose to Texas - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Two-Out Knocks Doom Wingnuts in Opener - Wichita Wingnuts
- Railroaders Drop Opener to T-Bones - Cleburne Railroaders
- 'Cats Blanked by X's, 4-0, to Open 5-Game Road Trip - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Saltdogs Add Rookie Righty to Pitching Staff, Activate Gordon - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Gopher Ball, Saints Sign University of Minnesota Infielder Luke Pettersen - St. Paul Saints
- T-Bones Return Home for Longer Stay Starting Friday - Kansas City T-Bones
- Carlos Contreras Shining in Return to AirHogs - Texas AirHogs
- Kane You Feel It? Wingnuts Bring Back 12-Game Winner - Wichita Wingnuts
- Railroaders Fall as RailCats Clinch Series - Cleburne Railroaders
- Chicago Heads to Lincoln for Dogs vs. 'Dogs - Chicago Dogs
- Rafael Palmeiro to Face the T-Bones this Weekend - Kansas City T-Bones
- X's Split Double Header with RedHawks - Sioux City Explorers
- Eight-Run Second Drives Goldeyes to Beat Saints - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Canaries Fall to Wingnuts in Nail-Biter, Head Home Friday - Sioux Falls Canaries
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.