Rail Yard Dawgs Game Notes: Rail Yard Dawgs (2-3-0) vs ThunderBolts (2-6-0) - 7:05 PM
ROANOKE RAIL YARD DAWGS
(2-3-0), T-7th SPHL, 4 Pts
(2-6-0), T-7th SPHL, 4 Pts
Friday - 7:05 PM
Berglund Center - Roanoke, VA
Haley Toyota Broadcast: SPHL Live | Mixlr
LAST TIME OUT: Maxime Guyon put up a goal and three assists, Colin Murray scored twice and the Rail Yard Dawgs thumped the Thunderbolts, 6-2, Friday night at Berglund Center
SAVE THE PUCK: Tanner Creel made 32 saves on 34 shots and earned his first professional victory on Friday night. Creel is in his first pro season out of UCONN and made his second start and third overall appearance. He lowered his GAA to 3.86 and his save percentage to .910 in the winning effort.
REVOLVING DOOR: Roanoke made plenty of changes to its roster in the past week as forward Cal Miska and defensemen Troy Henley and Nikita Kolesnikovs were all waived. The Dawgs picked up forward Lane King in a trade with Peoria, signed defensemen Cam Bakker and Vojtech Zemlicka and signed forward Matt Quilty, who was immediately placed on IR.
STAY HOT, MAX: Maxime Guyon is off to a blistering start to his season as he leads the SPHL with 11 points (four goals, seven assists). Guyon has multiple points in each of his last four games, including four in the Dawgs 6-2 win over Evansville on Friday. His league-leading point total is even more impressive when you factor in that the Rail Yard Dawgs have played only five games, tied with Birmingham and Quad City for the fewest played by any team to this point.
THE GUY IN CHARGE: Evansville coach Jeff Pyle was hired as the head coach of the ECHL's Atlanta Gladiators in July and was replaced by former NHL defenseman Ian Moran in August. Moran played parts of 11 seasons in the NHL with the Pittsburgh Penguins, Boston Bruins and Anaheim Ducks.
OFFENSIVE EXPLOSION: The Rail Yard Dawgs' six goals were the most they have scored in a single game this season. Roanoke scored six or more four times during the 2017-18 season and was victorious all four times. The franchise record for goals in a game is seven, a feat accomplished twice and most recently on December 29, 2017 in a 7-3 win over Fayetteville.
HERE COMES COLIN: Colin Murray had two goals and an assist in the 6-2 win on Friday night, doubling his season-long point total. The fifth-year pro and third-year Dawg entered play with one goal and two assists in his first four games. Murray had 15 goals and six assists in 35 games for the Dawgs last year.
CONCERT/HOCKEY COMBO: Saturday is WYYD Country Cares for St. Jude Night featuring a live performance from country star Adam Rutledge who will perform pregame and during intermissions.
UP NEXT: The Rail Yard Dawgs will play a split weekend next week as they host the Macon Mayhem on Friday before traveling to Fayetteville to take on the Marksmen on Saturday. Friday's puck drop is scheduled for 7:05 PM at Berglund Center.
• Discuss this story on the Southern Professional Hockey League message board...
Southern Professional Hockey League Stories from November 10, 2018
- Pensacola Wins against Huntsville, Breaks Losing Streak - Pensacola Ice Flyers
- Thunderbolts Gain Point in OT Loss to Roanoke - Evansville Thunderbolts
- Soper Leads Mayhem to Seventh Straight Win - Macon Mayhem
- Bulls Edge Quad City Again - Birmingham Bulls
- Dawgs Bury ThunderBolts in Overtime, 4-3 - Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs
- Preview: Mayhem vs. Knoxville Ice Bears (Game 8) - Macon Mayhem
- SPHL Announces Suspensions - SPHL
- Rail Yard Dawgs Game Notes: Rail Yard Dawgs (2-3-0) vs ThunderBolts (2-6-0) - 7:05 PM - Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs
- Late Mistakes Ruin Marksmen's Perfect Start, Lose 6-5 in OT - Fayetteville Marksmen
- Havoc Win OT Thriller in Home Opener - Huntsville Havoc
- Rivermen Come Back to Drop Marksmen in OT Friday - Peoria Rivermen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs Stories
- Rail Yard Dawgs Fall to Bulls in Game 3, 6-4
- Rail Yard Dawgs Game Notes: Semifinals Game 3 - #5 Rail Yard Dawgs at #2 Bulls - 7:00 PM CDT
- Dawgs Cruise by Bulls in Game Two, 4-3
- Rail Yard Dawgs Game Notes: Semifinals Game 2 - #5 Rail Yard Dawgs at #2 Bulls - 7:30 PM CDT
- Dawgs Drop Game One to Birmingham, 4-3