Rafters Open Playoffs at Home against Mallards
Wisconsin Rapids, Wis. - The Wisconsin Rapids Rafters (23-13) begin their quest for a second Northwoods League Championship on Monday as they take on the Madison Mallards (17-19) in game one of a best-of-three sub-divisional series.
Wisconsin Rapids locked up a playoff spot with a back-and-forth 7-6 thriller against the Lakeshore Chinooks. Roman Trujillo drove in two runs, while Izzy Fuentes earned the win and Brayden Bonner picked up the save.
The Rafters and Mallards played 12 times during the regular season with Wisconsin Rapids winning seven of those matchups. Madison won the first half with a record of 25-11 and the Rafters won the second half and hold the better overall record.
Cal Djuraskovic is projected to start for Wisconsin Rapids. The lefty has a 3-1 record and a 5.34 ERA in three starts and 12 appearances. He will face off against Madison's Quinn Gudaitis who is 5-4 and holds a 4.96 ERA this summer
Wisconsin Rapids travels to Madison for game two of the series at the Duck Pond for a 6:35 p.m. first pitch. Game three, if necessary would be back at Historic Witter Field on Wednesday.
As the Rafters gear up for a late-season run, you can experience the postseason action firsthand. For more information on playoff ticket offerings visit Raftersbaseball.com, call the Rafthouse at 715-424-5400, or visit historic Witter Field. The Rafters ticket office is open from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday at Witter Field, 521 Lincoln Street in Wisconsin Rapids.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 12, 2019
- Stingers Win Game 1 over St. Cloud - Willmar Stingers
- Loss to Mallards Forces Decisive Game Two for Rafters - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Express Takes Game 1 of the 2019 Postseason - Eau Claire Express
- Growlers Drop Game One to Pit Spitters - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Seven Run Inning Lifts Pit Spitters over Growlers in Game One - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Rafters Open Playoffs at Home against Mallards - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Thank You, Fans - Bismarck Larks
- Division Rivals Square off for First Playoff Series - Madison Mallards
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wisconsin Rapids Rafters Stories
- Rafters Break Records in Historic 2020 Season
- Rafters Thirsty Thursdays Continue Postseason
- Rafters Face off against La Crosse Loggers in Playoff Opener
- Rafters Walk-Off Winners in Final Game of Regular Season
- Rafters Finish Regular Season at Home Versus Fond du Lac