Quakes Complete Season with Loss in Finale
Rancho Cucamonga, CA - The Rancho Cucamonga Quakes wrapped up their 2021 season on Sunday at LoanMart Field, dropping the final game of the year to the Visalia Rawhide by a final of 6-1.
Quakes' lefty Benony Robles made his Rancho debut and pitched well, but the Rancho offense mustered just one run and only five singles in Sunday's loss.
Despite the defeat, the Quakes finished the year at 67-43 and had the best record in the South Division. With the 2021 playoffs reformatted because of Covid-19, Rancho will miss the playoffs, as the Championship Series will be between Fresno and San Jose, the teams with the two best record in Low-A West.
Robles (0-1) allowed one run over three innings, as Ramses Malave took him dep in the second to give Visalia the lead for good.
Visalia starter Scott Randall (2-0) was terrific in the finale, as he tossed six innings of one-hit baseball, striking out nine in the win.
The Quakes have not yet received their 2022 schedule from Major League Baseball yet, but stay tuned to the Quakes' social media channels (@RCQuakes) for information regarding the release of the 2022 schedule.
To all of our fans, sponsors, staff, players and coaches, thanks for a memorable 2021 season. Enjoy the off-season and stay safe. We hope to see you back at LoanMart Field in 2022...Go Quakes!
• Discuss this story on the Low-A West League message board...
Low-A West League Stories from September 19, 2021
- Giants Fall in Regular Season Finale - San Jose Giants
- Grizzlies Secure Best Record in Low-A West, North Division Crown with 7-4 Win over Giants in Season Finale - Fresno Grizzlies
- Ports Shut out by Nuts in Season Finale - Stockton Ports
- Nuts Shutout Ports to End the 2021 Season - Modesto Nuts
- Quakes Complete Season with Loss in Finale - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
- Parker Doubles Down the Ports - Modesto Nuts
- Fresno Loses 5-2 to San Jose in Penultimate Game of Regular Season - Fresno Grizzlies
- Surging Giants Earn 5-2 Victory - San Jose Giants
- Nuts' Two-Out Hitting Sinks Ports in 6-1 Loss - Stockton Ports
- Another Walk-Off for Fernandez, Quakes - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.