Preview: Firebirds Host Saginaw Friday in Flint
Flint, Mich. - The Flint Firebirds will face-off against their in-state rival, the Saginaw Spirit on Star Wars Night and for game three of the I-75 Divide Cup, sponsored by Coors Light. Puck drop is set for 7 p.m. (ET) at the Dort Federal Credit Union Event Center (capacity 4,400).
The Firebirds are hosting a toy drive where fans canÂ receive aÂ complimentary ticket to the game,Â courtesy of Dort Federal Credit Union, by bringing in a NEW toy with a minimum value of $10 to benefit The Old Newsboys of Flint, a non-profit organization that serves underprivileged children in the community. Starting Monday, Dec. 10Â fans can bring in their new toy ahead of time to the Firebirds' merchandise store "The Bird's Nest" to secure their seat for the game.
The Firebirds will also be wearing specialÂ "Star Wars" themed jerseysÂ that fans can bid on immediately following the game in aÂ live jersey auction. All proceeds will be donated to The Old Newsboys of Flint. Additionally, the first 500 fans in attendance will receive aÂ free light sword, compliments of Dort Federal Credit Union and get a picture with some of your favoriteÂ Star Wars Fan CostumersÂ who will be in attendance, compliments of 501stÂ Legion.
Friday's game is also a Firebirds' 4-pack Friday, featuring 4 tickets, 4 hot dogs and 4 soft drinks starting at just $60! Firebirds 4 Pack packages are only available for Friday games in advance of game day.
Single game tickets for all Firebirds games are $12 Bronze, $16 Silver, $20 Gold and $26 VIP seating (Seating Chart). All seats are reserved / assigned seating. Fans can purchase tickets by callingÂ (810) 744-0580, in-person at the Dort Federal Event Center Box Office or online atÂ ticketmaster.com here.
FridayÂ evening's contest against Saginaw can be heardÂ live on the radio throughout Flint & Mid-Michigan on US 103.1 FM, online atÂ www.us103.comÂ or by downloading theÂ US 103 app here. Firebirds' broadcasterÂ Dominic HennigÂ will call the play-by-play action on the Firebirds Hockey Network (FHN). Pregame coverage will begin 30 minutes prior to puck drop at 6:30 p.m.Â New this season, fans can watch the FHN TV Pregame Show live onÂ FacebookÂ andÂ Twitter, also beginning at 6:30 p.m.
The game will also be televised live across the province of Ontario on the OHL Action Pak on channel 462 for Rogers TV cable subscribers and channel 487 for Cogeco TV cable subscribers. OHL fans with cable television in Ontario can add the OHL Action Pak to their television plan to catch the Firebirds in action, home or away all season long. Along withÂ Friday's game, 65 of the Firebirds' 68 games throughout the 2019-20 seasonÂ are also scheduled to be televised live across the province of OntarioÂ on the OHL Action Pak.
Through Saginaw's partnership, the game will also be televised on a tape-delayed basis throughout Mid-Michigan on Sunday,Â DecemberÂ 15th at 6 p.m. (ET) on WNEM-TV5 Plus. The channel can be found on 5.2 via antennae over the air, channel 199 for Charter Cable subscribers and channel 4 for Comcast/Xfinity cable subscribers.
All Flint Firebirds home and away games throughout the 2019-20 season can be watched anywhere in the world online onÂ www.ohllive.comÂ or on theÂ OHL Live app.Â OHL Live is a league video streaming platform that delivers high quality live and on-demand coverage of all regular season and playoff games annually. The cost is $6.99 per game, $69.99 for Flint Firebirds away games only, $149.99 for all 68 home and away Firebirds games and $179.99 for all 1,360 OHL games throughout the 2019-20 season.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from December 11, 2019
- Preview: Firebirds Host Saginaw Friday in Flint - Flint Firebirds
- Curtain Rises on New Cast - North Bay Battalion
- Sting Hope to Stock the Shelves at Inn of the Good Shepherd this Saturday Night - Sarnia Sting
- Platers Product Scott Walker Honoured in Owen Sound - Guelph Storm
- Platers Product Scott Walker Honoured in Owen Sound - Owen Sound Attack
- Zehrs Toy Drive in Support of the Salvation Army a Huge Success - Guelph Storm
- Steelheads Rallying Around Caledon Teen - Mississauga Steelheads
- Red-Hot Rangers Blank the Knights - London Knights
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Flint Firebirds Stories
- Dellandrea Set to Make NHL Debut Tonight After Four Seasons in Flint
- Voice of Firebirds Hennig Tabbed by CCHA
- Voice of Firebirds Dominic Hennig Named Director of Strategic Communications & Brand Advancement of CCHA
- $2-Million Renovation Happening at Dort Financial Center
- Piercey to Face-Off vs. WHL's Lethbridge in Round 2 of Memorial ECup Presented by Kia Thursday