Preview: Broncos Head East to Manitoba for Two Games
BRANDON, MB - After returning home to the Innovation Credit Union iPlex for one game, the Swift Current Broncos (3-7-1-2) embark on another five-game stint on the road which begins Friday night at the Keystone Centre against the same team they lost to last weekend, the Brandon Wheat Kings (6-9-0-0).
Saturday the Broncos hosted the Wheat Kings after returning from their five-game trip through the British Columbia Division where they picked up four of a possible 10 points.
Despite Brandon being at the tail end of a seven-game, 14-day road trip, the Broncos couldn't take advantage in a 5-1 loss.
A solid opening period for both clubs saw Brecon Wood open the scoring for Swift Current before Luka Burzan answered back to tie the game through 20 minutes.
Second periods have been a struggle at times for the Broncos this season and Saturday was no exception as Brandon scored three goals on nine shots to take a 4-1 lead into the third period.
The Wheat Kings added one more goal in the third and outshot the Broncos 18-7 over the final 20 minutes to take the win.
The home game was the first for the Broncos in two weeks, and the last for another three weeks as they're forced out of the iPlex for the World Under-17 Hockey Challenge. Swift Current doesn't play another home game until November 16 against Moose Jaw.
Friday begins another stretch of five straight games on the road as the Broncos will be in Winnipeg on Saturday and have trips to Lethbridge, Regina and Moose Jaw next week.
October 26, 2019 - Broncos 1 vs Wheat Kings 5 Boxscore
November 1, 2019 - Broncos @ Wheat Kings
December 3, 2019 - Broncos @ Wheat Kings
February 26, 2020 - Broncos vs Wheat Kings
Player Goals Assists Games Played
Joona Kiviniemi 6 4 13
Ben King 4 4 13
Kasper Puutio 1 7 13
Brandon Wheat Kings
Player Goals Assists Games Played
Luka Burzan 7 6 15
Ben McCartney 6 4 13
Lynden McCallum 5 5 15
Team Power Play Penalty Kill
Swift Current 15.4 (18th) 78.3 (18th)
Brandon 19.7 (12th) 85.7 (3rd)
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from October 30, 2019
- Edmonton Oil Kings Rise to Second in Kia CHL Top 10 Rankings - WHL
- Kirby Dach to Remain with Chicago Blackhawks - Saskatoon Blades
- Preview: Broncos Head East to Manitoba for Two Games - Swift Current Broncos
- T-Birds Will Have 8 Games Broadcast on JOEtv this Season - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Portland's CW to Broadcast Eight Winterhawks Games - Portland Winterhawks
- Blade City Fights Cancer - Saskatoon Blades
- Ty Smith Named Captain for Team WHL at 2019 CIBC Canada Russia Series - Spokane Chiefs
- Nolan Foote named alternate captain of Team WHL for CIBC Canada Russia Series - Kelowna Rockets
- Bowen Byram Named An Alternate Captain for Team WHL - Vancouver Giants
- Team WHL Leadership Group Announced for 2019 CIBC Canada Russia Series - WHL
- Why the Kamloops Blazers Work with this Mental Consultant - Kamloops Blazers
- Saskatoon Product Chadwick Added to Active Roster - Saskatoon Blades
- ICE Face the Hurricanes for the First Time this Season - Winnipeg Ice
- Royals Rally Past Rockets in Shootout - Victoria Royals
- Royals down Rockets in shootout - Kelowna Rockets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Swift Current Broncos Stories
- Broncos Sign Karson King to WHL Standard Player Agreement
- Twelve Broncos Alumni Open up 2020-21 NHL Training Camps
- Broncos Make Donation to Southwest Newcomer Welcome Centre Following T's for Toys Initiative
- Broncos Acquire Defenceman Cayde Augustine from Moose Jaw
- Prospect Profile: Devin Aubin