T-Birds Will Have 8 Games Broadcast on JOEtv this Season
KENT - The Seattle Thunderbirds announced today they have partnered with JOEtv (KZJO) to broadcast eight games between the T-Birds and Portland Winterhawks during the 2019-20 season.
All eight games will be broadcast on JOEtv Channel 22/Cable 110 with four games from accesso ShoWare Center and four games from Portland.
The first game to be broadcast is the game on Saturday, November 2, at 6pm at Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Portland.
"We are excited about our continued successful relationship with JOEtv," said Colin Campbell, T-Birds Vice President. "We know hockey fans in the Pacific Northwest have come to enjoy seeing us play our biggest rival, the Winterhawks, on television eight times a season. We look forward to continuing to build on our partnership with JOEtv."
"We are excited to continue our partnership with the Seattle Thunderbirds and bring live, local hockey to Seattle fans," said Pam Pearson, SVP/General Manager, Q13 FOX/JOEtv. "Matchups between the T-Birds and Winterhawks are always exciting and we're thrilled to bring additional exposure to this fun, regional rivalry."
Eight Game Broadcast Schedule
Saturday, November 2, Seattle at Portland, 6pm
Saturday, November 16, Portland at Seattle, 6pm
Sunday, December 15, Seattle at Portland, 5pm
Saturday, January 25, Portland at Seattle, 6pm
Saturday, February 1, Seattle at Portland, 6pm
Saturday, February 29, Portland at Seattle 6pm
Saturday, March 21, Portland at Seattle, 6pm
Sunday, March 22, Seattle at Portland, 5pm
Veteran WHL play-by-play voice Ian Furness will have the call for the broadcasts.
JOEtv (KZJO) is the sister station of Q13 FOX (KCPQ), broadcasting on channel 22 and available on Comcast cable 110. JOEtv carries a variety of local news, sports and entertainment programming including Sounders FC matches and Seattle Storm games. JOEtv is also home to the weekend edition of Q13 News This Morning on Saturdays and Sundays from 7am - 11am and Q13 News at 8 and 9 every night. For more information visit www.q13fox.com.
The T-Birds travel to Kennewick to play the Tri-City Americans on Friday at 7:05pm at the Toyota Center. They are in Portland on Saturday at 6pm to face to the Winterhawks at Veterans Memorial Coliseum. This is the first game on the JOEtv broadcast schedule.
The T-Birds return home to the accesso ShoWare Center on Friday, November 8, to play the Kamloops Blazers at 7:35pm. They host the Everett Silvertips on Saturday, November 9, at 6:05pm. Single game tickets are on sale online on the T-Birds website and at the accesso ShoWare Center box office.
The T-Birds are now taking orders for Flex-24 Ticket packages. Fans that purchase the 24-Flex Ticket Package will be able to select any available premium seat for any game, in any ticket combination, during the 2019-20 season.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from October 30, 2019
- Edmonton Oil Kings Rise to Second in Kia CHL Top 10 Rankings - WHL
- Kirby Dach to Remain with Chicago Blackhawks - Saskatoon Blades
- Preview: Broncos Head East to Manitoba for Two Games - Swift Current Broncos
- T-Birds Will Have 8 Games Broadcast on JOEtv this Season - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Portland's CW to Broadcast Eight Winterhawks Games - Portland Winterhawks
- Blade City Fights Cancer - Saskatoon Blades
- Ty Smith Named Captain for Team WHL at 2019 CIBC Canada Russia Series - Spokane Chiefs
- Nolan Foote named alternate captain of Team WHL for CIBC Canada Russia Series - Kelowna Rockets
- Bowen Byram Named An Alternate Captain for Team WHL - Vancouver Giants
- Team WHL Leadership Group Announced for 2019 CIBC Canada Russia Series - WHL
- Why the Kamloops Blazers Work with this Mental Consultant - Kamloops Blazers
- Saskatoon Product Chadwick Added to Active Roster - Saskatoon Blades
- ICE Face the Hurricanes for the First Time this Season - Winnipeg Ice
- Royals Rally Past Rockets in Shootout - Victoria Royals
- Royals down Rockets in shootout - Kelowna Rockets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Seattle Thunderbirds Stories
- Two T-Birds Selected in 2020 NHL Draft
- T-Birds and KIRO 7 TV Partner for Weekly Hockey 101 Series Starting Friday
- T-Birds Sign Sawyer Mynio
- T-Birds Select Samuel Knazko in First Round of CHL Import Draft
- Jordan Gustafson and Kevin Korchinski Named to Team Canada U-17 Development Camp