Postgame Notes: Houston Dynamo 1-3 Los Angeles FC
Houston Dynamo 1-3 Los Angeles Football Club
MLS Regular Season - Week 19
Friday, July 12, 2019
Dropped the Dynamo to 8-8-3 overall on the year and 8-1-3 at home, ending undefeated record at BBVA Stadium. Gave Houston an 0-2-1 record against LAFC in league play. Dropped Houston's record against Western Conference foes to 4-6-3 on the year.
The Dynamo scored the game's opening goal when FW Romell Quioto found the net in the third minute. It was the ninth game this season in which Houston scored the game's opening goal, and they are now 6-2-1 in those games. The Dynamo went into halftime tied with LAFC at 1-1. It was the fourth time this year that Houston was tied with its opponent at the break, and they are now 2-1-1 in those games. Los Angeles FC had a slight edge in possession, holding the ball for 51.2 percent of the match. It was the 11th time this year that the Dynamo had less possession than their opponent, and they are now 4-6-1 in those games. Los Angeles FC outshot the Dynamo 14-13 in the game. It was the ninth game this year in which Houston was outshot by their opponent, and they are now 2-6-1 in those games.
DYNAMO STARTING XI (4-3-3)
Joe Willis; A.J. DeLaGarza, Kiki Struna, Maynor Figueroa, Adam Lundkvist; Matías Vera, Boniek García (C), Tomás Martínez; Alberth Elis, Mauro Manotas, Romell Quioto
INDIVIDUAL PLAYER NOTES:
FW Romell Quioto scored in the third minute. It was his 15th goal for the club, moving him past FW Erick Torres (14) for 10th on the club's all-time scoring list. Quioto scored in his second consecutive game. It was the second time in his career that he scored in consecutive games, and the first since he found the net in his first three games with the club, from March 4-18, 2017. Quioto made his 67th MLS appearance for the Dynamo. MF Tomás Martínez recorded his second assist of the season and his 15th with the club when he set up FW Romell Quioto's goal in the third minute. Martínez made his 18th appearance in the league this season. DF A.J. DeLaGarza made his 17th start of the season for Houston and the 51st with the Dynamo since joining the team prior to the 2017 season. FW Alberth Elis made his 14th start of the season with Houston. It was his 71st league appearance and his 59th league start with the Dynamo. DF Maynor Figueroa returned to the starting lineup after serving a one-game suspension for receiving a red card in the club's 4-0 victory over the New York Red Bulls on July 3. Figueroa made his 12th start this season and his 92nd appearance in the league. MF Boniek García made his 17th start of the season. DF Adam Lundkvist made his 15th start of the year and his 32nd league appearance with the Dynamo. FW Mauro Manotas made his 16th start of the season. MF Tommy McNamara remained the only player to appear in every match for the Dynamo this season. McNamara has appeared in every match for the Dynamo this year, appearing in 19 games for Houston in MLS play, four in Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League and two in the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup. FW Michael Salazar made his sixth consecutive appearance for the Dynamo this season if he enters the game. He has made 41 career MLS appearances. DF Kiki Struna made his 16th start for the Dynamo this season. MF Matías Vera made his 17th start of the season. GK Joe Willis started his 102nd career game in goal this evening. It will be his 105th career appearance in MLS regular-season play.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 13, 2019
- Tallies from Cruz, Adi give FC Cincinnati second consecutive win - FC Cincinnati
- Mannone's Decisive Penalty Kick Save Elevates Loon over Dallas - Minnesota United FC
- Montreal Impact (0) - Toronto FC (2) Post Game Summary - Toronto FC
- FC Dallas Falls to Minnesota United FC - FC Dallas
- Benji Michel Scores Late Game-Winner to Earn Lions 1-0 Victory over Columbus - Orlando City SC
- Impact Defeated 2-0 by Toronto FC - Montreal Impact
- Houston Dynamo Loan Five Players to RGV FC for this Weekend's Match vs Phoenix Rising FC - Houston Dynamo
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. Atlanta United FC - July 14, 2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Postgame Notes: Houston Dynamo 1-3 Los Angeles FC - Houston Dynamo
- Earthquakes take club record 32 shots in victory, surge to fourth place - San Jose Earthquakes
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 1, San Jose Earthquakes 3 - Friday, July 12, 2019 - LA Galaxy
- LAFC Defeats Houston Dynamo 3-1 on Friday Evening - Los Angeles FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.