LAFC Defeats Houston Dynamo 3-1 on Friday Evening
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) defeated the Houston Dynamo 3-1 on Friday evening at BBVA Stadium. With the win, the Black & Gold remain in first place in the Supporters' Shield standings with a 14-2-4 record (46 points).
Despite an early goal from the home team in the 3rd minute, the Black & Gold would go on to hand the Dynamo their first home league loss in 2019. LAFC forward Adama Diomande scored his first brace of the season (45'+2, 49'), both goals set up by midfielder Lee Nguyen. Forward Diego Rossi, who subbed on for forward Fito Zelaya in the 55th minute, scored the third and final goal for LAFC in the 88th minute.
LAFC will face the Galaxy next Friday, July 19 at Dignity Health Sports Park. Kickoff is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. PT and will be broadcast live on ESPN, ESPNLA 710, KFWB 980.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 13, 2019
- Tallies from Cruz, Adi give FC Cincinnati second consecutive win - FC Cincinnati
- Mannone's Decisive Penalty Kick Save Elevates Loon over Dallas - Minnesota United FC
- Montreal Impact (0) - Toronto FC (2) Post Game Summary - Toronto FC
- FC Dallas Falls to Minnesota United FC - FC Dallas
- Benji Michel Scores Late Game-Winner to Earn Lions 1-0 Victory over Columbus - Orlando City SC
- Impact Defeated 2-0 by Toronto FC - Montreal Impact
- Houston Dynamo Loan Five Players to RGV FC for this Weekend's Match vs Phoenix Rising FC - Houston Dynamo
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. Atlanta United FC - July 14, 2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Postgame Notes: Houston Dynamo 1-3 Los Angeles FC - Houston Dynamo
- Earthquakes take club record 32 shots in victory, surge to fourth place - San Jose Earthquakes
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 1, San Jose Earthquakes 3 - Friday, July 12, 2019 - LA Galaxy
- LAFC Defeats Houston Dynamo 3-1 on Friday Evening - Los Angeles FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC Loses 2-0 to Seattle Sounders on the Road
- LAFC Announces Multi-Year Partnership with ExtraMile Convenience Stores
- Banc of California Stadium Receives Gbac Star Facility Accreditation
- LAFC Defeats Portland Timbers 4-2 Sunday Night at Banc of California Stadium
- LAFC to Face Portland Timbers Sunday Night at Banc of California Stadium