Houston Dynamo Loan Five Players to RGV FC for this Weekend's Match vs Phoenix Rising FC
HOUSTON - The Houston Dynamo have loaned goalkeeper Tyler Deric; defenders Alejandro Fuenmayor and Sam Junqua; and midfielders Eric Bird and Memo Rodriguez to Rio Grande Valley FC for their match against Phoenix Rising FC later this evening at 7:30 p.m. CT, the club announced today.
Bird will be returning to RGV for the third time this season. He has played in 79 minutes for the squad in 2019, starting once.
This will be Deric's fifth loan to RGV this season. He started in his first four appearances this season and has made seven saves and recorded a clean sheet on April 6 against New Mexico United.
Junqua has appeared in six games for RGV this season, making eight interceptions. Fuenmayor has played in three games and made seven clearances.
Rodriguez will be making his first appearance this season for RGV FC. He previously spent the 2016 season with the club under then-head coach Wilmer Cabrera, appearing in 30 matches and scoring five goals. After signing a first-team contract with the Dynamo prior to the 2017 season, Rodriguez has appeared in five matches for RGV during the 2017 and 2018 USL seasons, and has scored four goals for the Toros.
Today's match will be streamed live on ESPN+ beginning at 7:30 p.m. CT.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 13, 2019
- Tallies from Cruz, Adi give FC Cincinnati second consecutive win - FC Cincinnati
- Mannone's Decisive Penalty Kick Save Elevates Loon over Dallas - Minnesota United FC
- Montreal Impact (0) - Toronto FC (2) Post Game Summary - Toronto FC
- FC Dallas Falls to Minnesota United FC - FC Dallas
- Benji Michel Scores Late Game-Winner to Earn Lions 1-0 Victory over Columbus - Orlando City SC
- Impact Defeated 2-0 by Toronto FC - Montreal Impact
- Houston Dynamo Loan Five Players to RGV FC for this Weekend's Match vs Phoenix Rising FC - Houston Dynamo
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. Atlanta United FC - July 14, 2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Postgame Notes: Houston Dynamo 1-3 Los Angeles FC - Houston Dynamo
- Earthquakes take club record 32 shots in victory, surge to fourth place - San Jose Earthquakes
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 1, San Jose Earthquakes 3 - Friday, July 12, 2019 - LA Galaxy
- LAFC Defeats Houston Dynamo 3-1 on Friday Evening - Los Angeles FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Houston Dynamo Stories
- New "Launchpad" contest to reward digitally innovative small businesses, courtesy of BBVA and Houston Dynamo
- Dynamo Rally for 2-2 Draw Behind Manotas Brace
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Return to BBVA Stadium Under New Leadership
- Houston Dynamo Part Ways with Wilmer Cabrera
- Postgame Notes: Philadelphia Union 2-1 Houston Dynamo