Philadelphia Union Ousted by New England Revolution 2-0
CHESTER, Pa. - The Philadelphia Union hosted the New England Revolution Tuesday night at Subaru Park for the first round of the playoffs, falling 2-0. In the first half, the New England Revolution netted 2 goals in 4 minutes. The Union dominated the second half in possession, but New England's defense held down their 2-0 lead. Despite the loss, the Union ended their season as first ever Supporters' Shield winners, had the most wins at home in franchise history, and qualified for the CONCACAF Champions League for next season.
Philadelphia Union 0 - New England Revolution 2
Subaru Park (Chester, PA)
Tuesday, November 24, 2020
TODAY'S MATCH INFO
Referee: Joe Dickerson
Assistant Referees: Kathryn Nesbitt, Adam Wienckowski
Fourth Official: Fotis Bazakos
VAR: Dave Gantar
AVAR: Craig Lowry
Weather: 40 degrees and cloudy
NER - Adam Buksa (Carles Gil) 26'
NER - Tajon Buchanan (Carles Gil) 30'
PHI - Kacper Przybylko (caution) 36'
PHI - Kai Wagner (caution) 73'
NER - Matthew Polster (caution) 88'
Philadelphia Union: Andre Blake; Mark McKenzie, Jakob Glesnes, Kai Wagner, Ray Gaddis (Anthony Fontana 76'); Jose Martinez (Ilsinho 45'); Alejandro Bedoya, Brenden Aaronson (Jack Elliott 62' ), Jamiro Monteiro; Sergio Santos (Cory Burke 62'), Kacper Przybylko
Substitutes not used: Matt Freese, Warren Creavalle, Andrew Wooten, Anthony Fontana, Matt Real, Aurelien Collin
New England Revolution: Matt Turner; Andrew Farrell, Henry Kessler, Matthew Polster, DeJuan Jones; Scott Caldwell, Gustavo Bou (Thomas McNamara 78'), Teal Bunbury (Kelyn Rowe 66'), Carles Gil ( Michael Mancienne 89'); Adam Buksa (Justin Rennicks 89'), Tajon Buchanan
Substitutes not used: Seth Sinovic, Brad Knighton, Antonio Delamea, Kekuta Manneh, Lee Nguyen
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 24, 2020
- Revolution Advance to Eastern Conference Semifinal with 2-0 Win against Philadelphia Union - New England Revolution
- Philadelphia Union Ousted by New England Revolution 2-0 - Philadelphia Union
- Nashville SC (1) - Toronto FC (0) Post Match Summary - Toronto FC
- Orlando City Set to Host New England Revolution in Eastern Conference Semifinals on Sunday - Orlando City SC
- Houston Dynamo FC & Kroger to Offer Drive-Thru Flu Shots December 5 at BBVA Stadium - Houston Dynamo
- The Never-Ending Shootout - Orlando City SC
- 2020 New Mexico Bowl Will be Played at Toyota Stadium - FC Dallas
- Columbus Crew SC Launches First Episode of New Docuseries "To96ther: a Collection of Inspiring Fan Stories" - Columbus Crew SC
- Midfielder Shamit Shome Underwent Surgery - Club de Foot Montreal
- Atlanta United Announce Year-End Roster Moves - Atlanta United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Philadelphia Union Stories
- Philadelphia Union Acquire $50,000 in Allocation Money from LAFC
- Philadelphia Union Acquire up to $225,000 in General Allocation Money from Nashville SC
- Philadelphia Union Sign Defender Kai Wagner to New Contract
- Philadelphia Union Acquire $50,000 in Allocation Money from FC Dallas
- Philadelphia Union Agree to Transfer of Defender Mark McKenzie to K.R.C. Genk in Record-Breaking Transfer of a Center Back