Columbus Crew SC Launches First Episode of New Docuseries "To96ther: a Collection of Inspiring Fan Stories"
COLUMBUS - Columbus Crew SC today launched the first episode of its new docuseries "To96ther: A Collection of Inspiring Fan Stories." The first episode, "History of the Nordecke," focuses on the history of Crew SC's supporters' section as the Club heads into a new era at its future downtown stadium. The new docuseries is exclusively available now via the new Official Columbus Crew SC Mobile App as well as the Club's YouTube channel.
"To96ther: A Collection of Inspiring Fan Stories," provides viewers with an intimate look into the culture of Crew SC supporters, shedding light on new and untold fan stories. In addition to featuring a wide array of interviews with fans of all ages, the docuseries will also be made up of interviews with current and former members of the Club as they speak to the special relationship between the Crew and its supporters.
"This new docuseries gives the world a glimpse into what makes the Columbus soccer culture so diverse and special," said Crew SC Executive Vice President and Chief Business Officer Steve Lyons. "As we move into the New Crew Stadium with heightened expectations for the future, it is critical to honor and celebrate the history of our Club which has been forged by generations of supporters. Focusing the first episode on our most passionate fanbase - the Nordecke - was the most appropriate way to launch the docuseries. We believe the story of the Nordecke captures the passion and unwavering sense of community of our fanbase who have always welcomed new supporters with open arms. We look forward to the growth of Nordecke in the years to come and want to thank the Haslam and Edwards families for supporting this important project, allowing us to share the personal stories of our fans in their own words."
The episodes for the docuseries - which was created in collaboration with Champion City Media - come in at under 10 minutes and are set to be released through the end of the year and into 2021. The first episode, "History of the Nordecke," focuses on the history and notoriety of the Crew SC supporters' section as the Club heads into a new era at its future downtown stadium.
"There are sports teams that are a hollow sign of the times and then there are storied teams that carry deep and abiding ties to their city and community," said Jeff Barger, Nordecke Communications Director. "The Crew is truly one of those few teams whose history is as rich as its future and its commitment to the fans now unblinking. The partnership between the Nordecke and the Crew has grown exponentially. The Club recognizes its supporters and the community in a way it never has before and as a result is building a future that is brighter and more dynamic than anything we could have hoped for."
The docuseries is available via the Club's YouTube channel as well as the Official Columbus Crew SC App, which was launched this week. In addition to carrying the docuseries, the app contains interactive features such as the ability to access and manage tickets as well as the ability to virtually view the field from different seating sections. The app also features latest news, videos and stats - including real-time match data. The Official Columbus Crew SC App is available for download via the Google Play Store, the App Store and the Club's website.
The New Crew Stadium is set to open in July 2021 and will boast a new Nordecke supporters' section, state of the art Ledge seats, a beer garden, and a beer hall among many other features. Fans are able to see the field from different seating sections through the new stadium's 3-D seat viewer. Supporters' interested in learning more about becoming part of the action in 2021 as Crew SC moves into a world-class facility should visit CrewStadium.com.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 24, 2020
- Revolution Advance to Eastern Conference Semifinal with 2-0 Win against Philadelphia Union - New England Revolution
- Philadelphia Union Ousted by New England Revolution 2-0 - Philadelphia Union
- Nashville SC (1) - Toronto FC (0) Post Match Summary - Toronto FC
- Orlando City Set to Host New England Revolution in Eastern Conference Semifinals on Sunday - Orlando City SC
- Houston Dynamo FC & Kroger to Offer Drive-Thru Flu Shots December 5 at BBVA Stadium - Houston Dynamo
- The Never-Ending Shootout - Orlando City SC
- 2020 New Mexico Bowl Will be Played at Toyota Stadium - FC Dallas
- Columbus Crew SC Launches First Episode of New Docuseries "To96ther: a Collection of Inspiring Fan Stories" - Columbus Crew SC
- Midfielder Shamit Shome Underwent Surgery - Club de Foot Montreal
- Atlanta United Announce Year-End Roster Moves - Atlanta United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Columbus Crew SC Stories
- 2021 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Set for April Kickoff
- Columbus Crew SC Selects Two Players in Major League Soccer SuperDraft 2021
- Columbus Crew SC Completes Transfer of Defender Chris Cadden
- Columbus Crew SC Signs Academy Product and Midfielder Isaiah Parente
- Columbus Crew SC Acquires 2021 MLS SuperDraft Selection in Trade with D.C. United