Philadelphia Union Foundation Announce Legends of Soccer Benefit
CHESTER, Pa. - Philadelphia Union Foundation today announced that the first annual Legends of Soccer Benefit will take place on Wednesday, April 1, at the Crystal Tea Room in Philadelphia. Hosted by NBC Sport's 'Two Robbies" Robbie Earle and Robbie Mustoe, the Legends of Soccer Benefit will celebrate the impact of those that have gone above and beyond, both on and off the field, to make a substantial difference in Philadelphia.
Fundraising from the event goes directly to the Philadelphia Union Foundation's community initiatives which include developing and maintaining Chester High School's soccer program, mini-pitch build projects across the city, and continuing to provide under-served communities with access to soccer and related youth programming.
On the evening, the event will have the pleasure of honoring two-time FIFA World Cup Champion and two-time Olympic Gold Medalist, Carli Lloyd, as well as Mayor Jim Kenney, the Mayor of Philadelphia since 2016, and Fred Penny, President of Bimbo Bakeries USA. All three of these individuals have had a significant impact on how soccer can be a driving force for social change. For head shots of the inidviduals, visit: phlunion.co/legends.
"The Philadelphia Union Foundation is building safe spaces to play soccer in Philadelphia, strengthening youth programming, using soccer as a magnet to unite diverse communities and growing the beautiful game in Chester, Philadelphia and the Delaware Valley," said Paul Howard, Executive Director of the Philadelphia Union Foundation. "This event will be a catalyst for us to showcase how soccer is making a difference in our great city and give us a chance to highlight those individuals who are leading the charge, along with an evening of outstanding entertainment."
The evening itself will include a VIP cocktail reception, an exquisite three-course dinner, live and silent auctions with stunning prizes, and other on-the-night surprises. Guests will be joined by Philadelphia Union players as well as other notable influencers and community members. Tables are still available and can be purchased at www.phillylegendsofsoccer.org.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 14, 2020
- Whitecaps FC Sign Midfielder Damiano Pecile to Homegrown Contract - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Sporting KC Acquires Defender Winston Reid - Sporting Kansas City
- Minnesota United Sign Defender Jose Aja - Minnesota United FC
- LAFC Signs Two-Time Golden Boot Winner Bradley Wright-Phillips - Los Angeles FC
- Philadelphia Union Foundation Announce Legends of Soccer Benefit - Philadelphia Union
- Timbers Statement on the Passing of Jimmy Conway - Portland Timbers
- Earthquakes Announce Date Change for Road Match vs. LAFC - San Jose Earthquakes
- Pepsi Post-Game Performance by Ally Brooke on February 29th - Orlando City SC
- PepsiCo Beverages North America Partners with Exploria Stadium as Official Non-Alcoholic Pouring Partner - Orlando City SC
- 2020 Preseason: Position Preview: Defender - Colorado Rapids
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Philadelphia Union Stories
- Cory Burke scores game winner: Union remain first place in Eastern Conference
- Philadelphia Union Forward Sergio Santos Voted MLS Player of the Week
- Union claim first place in Eastern Conference; Sergio Santos nets hat-trick
- Philadelphia Union and Southern New Hampshire University Host Third Annual Rompe Las Barreras Job Shadow Program
- Anthony Fontana scores third game winning goal this season for Union