Philadelphia Union and Chick-Fil-A Partner to Feed Cadets Ahead of Army-Navy Cup VIII
CHESTER, Pa. - Philadelphia Union and Chick-fil-A today announced that 600 meals will be provided to cadets and midshipmen ahead of the eighth annual Army-Navy Cup presented by Leidos. This year's Army-Navy Cup will take place on Friday, October 11 at 7:30 p.m. ET when the Black Knights and Midshipmen reignite their rivalry.
The meal will take place on Talen Energy Stadium's Toyota Plaza prior to the game at 6:00 p.m. ET. Additional beverage and snacks will be provided by partners including Coke, Steaz, Turkey Hill, and Entenmann's
"Our club looks forward to Army-Navy Cup every year, as a way to honor the cadets who serve our country," said Jean-Paul Dardenne, Senior Vice President, Corporate Partnerships at the Philadelphia Union. "We are very proud to have such an extensive list of fantastic partners become such a large part of this year's event."
"We are so grateful for all the military personnel, past and present, in our community," said Sam Class, franchise Operator of Chick-fil-A Audubon. "We're proud to support those who are honorably serving our nation."
Army-Navy Cup has become one of the highest attended college soccer matches in the nation annually, and saw it reach the third-highest match attended in 2017. It has twice seen 10,000+ fans fill the stands at Talen Energy Stadium. A five-year contract extension, signed last year, ensures the prestigious match stays at the stadium through 2022.
Talen Energy Stadium has played host to the Army-Navy Cup since its inaugural match in 2012, with Army currently leading the series at 3-2-2. The debut edition in 2012 ended in a draw, as did the 2017 match. Navy won in both 2013 and 2014, while Army took the victory in 2015, 2016 and 2018.
For more information about Arm-Navy Cup VIII, please visit: https://www.philadelphiaunion.com/stadium/non-philadelphia-union-events.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 9, 2019
- Four Houston Dynamo Players Called up for International Duty - Houston Dynamo
- Paredes, Zambrano Called up for International Matches - Portland Timbers
- Bertone, Tyton nominated for MLSsoccer.com's Goal and Save of the Year - FC Cincinnati
- Philadelphia Union and Chick-Fil-A Partner to Feed Cadets Ahead of Army-Navy Cup VIII - Philadelphia Union
- FC Cincinnati Announce Roster Decisions for the 2020 Season - FC Cincinnati
- Toronto FC Announce Playoff Tickets On-Sale Today - Toronto FC
- New York Red Bulls Name Natasha Patel Head of Performance Analysis - New York Red Bulls
- OSC Weekly Ratings Wrapup - OSC Original by David Carlson
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Philadelphia Union Stories
- Union take second place in Eastern Conference
- Union earn a point on the road in defensive battle
- MLS Announces Remaining Regular Season Schedule
- Kacper Przybylko records second brace of the season; Union move into second place in Eastern Conference
- Anthony Fontana records brace; Union take second place in Eastern Conference