New York Red Bulls Name Natasha Patel Head of Performance Analysis
HARRISON, N.J. - The New York Red Bulls have named Natasha Patel Head of Performance Analysis, the club announced today. Patel joins the Red Bulls from Southampton Football Club, where she served as the Head of Performance Analysis for the Premier League side.
Patel spent eight years at Southampton, beginning as an analyst with the academy in 2011 and progressing to serve as Head of Performance Analysis for the club since 2016, where she lead Southampton's efforts to utilize video analysis to support first team players and coaches in match review and opponent preparation, and facilitate player development and performance through the use of various analysis tools.
With the Red Bulls, Patel will oversee and expand the club's use of analytics in areas including opponent scouting, game preparation and player evaluations from the Red Bulls First Team down through Red Bulls Academy.
"On behalf of everyone at the club, I'd like to welcome Natasha," said Sporting Director Denis Hamlett. "We are excited to have Natasha join us. Her work at Southampton was very impressive, from first team preparation to programs and processes she implemented behind the scenes to strengthen the club's use of analytics to drive performance. We will lean on Natasha to improve our use of data at all levels of the club."
Southampton was promoted to the Premier League following the 2011-12 season, Patel's first with the club, and have remained in the top flight of English Football throughout her tenure.
Patel also implemented processes for uniform video and performance analysis throughout Southampton's renowned academy system into the first team, creating another bridge between the first team and academy, and strengthening the player development model. In recent years, the Southampton Academy has produced notable players such as Gareth Bale, Adam Lallana, Theo Walcott, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and current Red Bulls loanee Josh Sims.
"I am extremely delighted to join the New York Red Bulls family," said Patel. "A club with strong values and a clear vision to develop players and continue to be successful in MLS. It is a fantastic opportunity to work with passionate and forward-thinking staff to give players the tools to analyze and enhance their performance whilst maximizing their potential."
"Coming in just as we head into the playoffs is an exciting time, in which I'm sure the success will be a product of the commitment, work ethic and application so far this season."
"My role here will be working with the players and coaches in providing training analysis, game analysis, which will be pre-, live, and post-match, working on the tactics going into the game, but also helping the players develop tactically and helping the coaches make the best decisions on and off the field."
"My role will be not just with the first team, but working with the academy staff. My background is more in line with the same principles here, in terms of Homegrown Players. I look forward to working with [the academy] coaches and players in terms of tactically and technically developing them. My role will be, over the years to come, hopefully having more time to develop the analysis and the infrastructure, giving the best preparation for the players so when they come into the first team they're in good habits in terms of being able to evaluate their performance, and also knowing what is available to them."
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 9, 2019
- Four Houston Dynamo Players Called up for International Duty - Houston Dynamo
- Paredes, Zambrano Called up for International Matches - Portland Timbers
- Bertone, Tyton nominated for MLSsoccer.com's Goal and Save of the Year - FC Cincinnati
- Philadelphia Union and Chick-Fil-A Partner to Feed Cadets Ahead of Army-Navy Cup VIII - Philadelphia Union
- FC Cincinnati Announce Roster Decisions for the 2020 Season - FC Cincinnati
- Toronto FC Announce Playoff Tickets On-Sale Today - Toronto FC
- New York Red Bulls Name Natasha Patel Head of Performance Analysis - New York Red Bulls
- OSC Weekly Ratings Wrapup - OSC Original by David Carlson
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- New York Red Bulls Statement on NYCFC Confirmed Case of COVID-19
- New York Red Bulls Club Statement: March 19, 2020
- Greece, Costa Rica Match at Red Bull Arena Canceled
- New York Red Bulls Issue Statement on Suspended Season
- New York Red Bulls Sign French Defender Jason Pendant