Petteway Leads Mad Ants in Career Night over Canton
FORT WAYNE, IN - The Mad Ants, sponsored by Lutheran Health Network, received help off the bench in their 98-94 victory over the Canton Charge Friday, December 4th at Allen Co. War Memorial Coliseum.
With the return of Indiana Pacer assignee, Shayne Whittington, into the starting line-up, Terran Petteway stepped out of a starting role into to a vital asset off the teams' bench; which tonight provided the offensive help the Mad Ants needed to even their series with Canton to 1-1. After a dominant opening quarter that put the Mad Ants on top by five, a second half that included five lead changes ultimately finished with the Mad Ants up 53-49 heading into the locker rooms at the half. Petteway, who set his career high points total in the Mad Ants' second game against the Raptors 905 on November 15th with 22, recorded 23 first half points for the team. CJ Fair followed with 8 points of his own.
Just a little over halfway through the third quarter, the Charge began to climb back into the game, grabbing leads of up to 12. The Mad Ants were able to fight back to a one point advantage with just over five minutes remaining in regulation. Rakeem Christmas sealed the game with a pair of clutch free throws, giving the four point victory to the home team. Petteway led all scorers on the night with his new career high, 36 points, while also grabbing 5 rebounds. Christmas finished with 18 points and 6 rebounds and Fair rounded out the offensive slate with 10 points.
For the Charge, Nick Minnerath led his team with 20 points and 9 rebounds. Tim Hardaway Jr. followed Minnerath with 19 points.
The Mad Ants now take a two game road trip, beginning in Grand Rapids on Sunday, December 6th against the Drive at 4:00 p.m. and will conclude with another 11:00 a.m. game against the Delaware 87ers on Wednesday, December 9th. The team returns home Saturday, December 12th for a 7:30 p.m. matchup with the Iowa Energy. Fans can purchase their Mad Ants tickets anytime, which start at just $6, at the Memorial Coliseum Box Office, by visiting www.ticketmaster.com, or charge by phone at 1-800-745-3000.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 4, 2015
- Austin Spurs Fall to Westchester Knicks, 102-94 - Austin Spurs
- Petteway Leads Mad Ants in Career Night over Canton - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Green's Hot Hand Leads the Bighorns Past the Vipers - Reno Bighorns
- Westchester Knicks Back in the Saddle with Win over Spurs - Westchester Knicks
- Vipers Tumble 143-118 to Reno Bighorns - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Skyforce Make It Five in a Row, Defeat Delaware 115-99 - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Charge Fall in Fort Wayne - Canton Charge
- L.A. Clippers Branden Dawson Assigned to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Drive
- Memphis Grizzlies Assign James Ennis to Iowa Energy - Iowa Wolves
- Drive Partner with U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots - Grand Rapids Drive
- D-Fenders Acquire Jamaal Franklin - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Spurs Assign Boban Marjanovic & Ray McCallum to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Boston Celtics Assign James Young to Maine Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Drive Waive Thomas and Add Jones to the 2015-16 Season Roster - Grand Rapids Drive
- Rockets Assign K.J. McDaniels to Rio Grande Valley - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Red Claws and Unitil Team up for "Read to Achieve" - Maine Red Claws
- Iowa Energy Announce New Security Procedures for All Home Games - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne Mad Ants Stories
- Mad Ants Release Demetrius Denzel-Dyson
- Mad Ants Erase 21-Point Deficit in Comeback Win against Raptors 905
- Mad Ants Acquire Tre Kelley
- Lemon's Scoring off the Bench Not Enough as Mad Ants Fall in Three-Overtime Game at Erie
- PS&E Season of Giving "Basketballidays" to Visit Fort Wayne