Petes Take Down Nationally Ranked 67's ForSecond Time this Season
(Peterborough, ON) - For the second time in three weeks the Petes took down the 67's in Ottawa, this time with a 3-1 win in the Nation's Capital on Friday night. It marked the fourth time this season that the Petes have been victorious over a team ranked in the CHL's top ten.
Liam Kirk (8) opened scoring in the first period with Ottawa native Cameron Butler (4) extending Peterborough's lead in the second. Austen Keating scored for the 67's with 1:28 left to spoil a shutout for Hunter Jones before Max Grondin (3) buried an empty netter to secure the win.
Declan Chisholm had two assists, while Kirk, Mason McTavish, and Nick Robertson each recorded single helpers.
With points in tonight's game, Nick Robertson and Declan Chisholm extended their point streaks to 11 and 10 games, respectively.
Goaltender Hunter jones stopped 32/33 shots.
The Petes were 0/4 on the power play and 3/3 on the penalty kill.
The Petes are off on Saturday then will visit the CHL's top ranked Oshawa Generals on Sunday, October 20 at 6:05pm.
Peterborough's next home game is on Thursday, October 24 at 7:05pm when they host the Sarnia Sting. Tickets for all regular season home games are available through the PMC Grant Thornton Box Office in person and over the phone at (705) 743-3561 Monday to Friday from 9:30am to 5:00pm, and 24 hours a day online.
The most affordable way to see the Petes in action early in the 2018-19 season is with a Season Starter Pack. Save over $65 on tickets and merchandise! Season Opener Packs are available through Mike in the Petes office at (705) 743-3681 ext. 263 or by email.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from October 19, 2019
- Scoring Outburst from Top Line Leads Spirit to Fourth Straight Win - Saginaw Spirit
- Pekar's Hat-Trick Leads Colts to Big Win over Greyhounds - Barrie Colts
- Steelheads Get Back-To-Back Wins - Mississauga Steelheads
- Scoring Outburst from Top Line Leads Spirit to Fourth-Straight Win - Saginaw Spirit
- Murphy Makes 31 Saves, Otters Pick up a Point in 3-2 Shootout Loss - Erie Otters
- Lodnia's Return Sparks IceDogs to 5-4 Win over Storm - Niagara IceDogs
- Attack Extend Win Streak to Five with 4-1 Victory over Sudbury - Owen Sound Attack
- Rangers Drop One against the Spirit, 5-3. - Kitchener Rangers
- Afanasyev Signs Entry-Level Deal with Predators - Windsor Spitfires
- Firebirds Win Again, Tonight's Preview & Promotions - Flint Firebirds
- Preview: Spirit Look to Stay Hot Saturday against Midwest-Leading Rangers - Saginaw Spirit
- Petes Take Down Nationally Ranked 67's ForSecond Time this Season - Peterborough Petes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Peterborough Petes Stories
- Petes Earn Point in Shootout Loss to Frontenacs
- Petes Outplay Bulldogs to 4-3 Win in School Day Game
- Petes Continue to Chase First Place with Two Home Games this Week
- Petes Shut out for First Time this Season by Colts
- Peterborough Petes Players of the Week for the Week Ending November 10