Petes Acquire Defenceman Jacob Paquette from the Niagara IceDogs
(Peterborough, ON) - Peterborough Petes General Manager Michael Oke announced Thursday that the team has acquired defenceman Jacob Paquette from the Niagara IceDogs in exchange for OHL Priority Selection picks.
Paquette, a 1999-born blue liner, was selected in 2nd round, 31st overall by the Kingston Frontenacs in the 2015 OHL Priority Selection. The 6'3", 216lbs Ottawa native has registered 12 goals, 53 assists, 65 points, 136 penalty minutes, and a +56 plus/minus rating in 237 regular season games split between the Frontenacs and IceDogs.
Selected by the Nashville Predators in the 7th round, 216th overall in the 2017 NHL Entry Draft, Paquette recently returned from the Columbus Blue Jackets' rookie camp to which he received a free agent invite.
Some of Paquette's accolades include being voted as the OHL Eastern Conference's best defensive defenceman of the 2018-19 season, being selected to take part in the 2017 CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game, being named to Team Canada for the 2017 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Cup (missed due to injury), and being named to Team Canada Red for the 2015 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge.
"We're excited to add a player of Jacob's calibre to our hockey club," commented Oke. "He's been a key part of two deep playoff runs over the last couple of seasons. That experience will be a great asset to our group and will add depth to our defence corps."
In the deal, Niagara acquires four OHL Priority Selection picks including Kingston's third round pick in 2020, London's second round pick in 2021, and Peterborough's third and fifth round picks in 2021.
Paquette is expected to be in the lineup when the Petes face his former club for the final two games of the Petes Pre-Season presented by CIBC Wood Gundy Peterborough. On Friday, September 13 at 7:30pm, Peterborough will visit the Niagara IceDogs in Lincoln. They'll face the same IceDogs on Saturday, September 14 at 7:05pm at the new Cavan Monaghan Community Centre in Millbrook.
Single game tickets for all regular season games are now on sale at the PMC Grant Thornton Box office in person, by phone at (705) 743-3561, or online. To view the Petes' full schedule, click here.
A limited number of season tickets are still available starting at just $270. For more information about season tickets and flex packages for the 2019-20 Petes season, contact Mike at (705) 743-3681 x 263 or by email.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from September 12, 2019
- Colts Win at Home over IceDogs - Barrie Colts
- Quinn Hanna Re-Assigned to Wellington Dukes - Peterborough Petes
- IceDogs Fall to Colts - Niagara IceDogs
- Kartye Powers Hounds with Three-Point Performance - Soo Greyhounds
- Colts Sign Lalama and Dvurechenskii - Barrie Colts
- Exhibition Play Wraps up with Set against Battalion - Owen Sound Attack
- 2nd Annual Future Knights Skills Competition October 19th - London Knights
- Firebirds to Host Saginaw at Iceland Arenas Saturday - Flint Firebirds
- Petes Acquire Defenceman Jacob Paquette from the Niagara IceDogs - Peterborough Petes
- Niagara IceDogs Make Trade with the Peterborough Petes - Niagara IceDogs
- Attack Trade Andrew MacLean to Oshawa Generals - Owen Sound Attack
- Generals Acquire Andrew MacLean from the Owen Sound Attack in Exchange for a Draft Selection - Oshawa Generals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Peterborough Petes Stories
- Peterborough Petes Name Players of the Week for the Week Ending October 6
- Cameron Butler Named to NHL Central Scouting Players to Watch List
- Peterborough Petes Announce 2019-20 Leadership Group
- Peterborough Petes Players of the Week for the Week Ending September 29
- Petes to Recognize Local Minor Hockey Players with Weekly Awards