Quinn Hanna Re-Assigned to Wellington Dukes
(Peterborough, ON) - Peterborough Petes General Manager Mike Oke announced Thursday that defenceman Quinn Hanna has been re-assigned to the Wellington Junior A Dukes.
Hanna, who was selected by the Guelph Storm in the 5th round, 94th overall by the Guelph Storm in the 2015 OHL Priority Selection, played 34 games for the OJHL club in 2018-19 and recorded 1 goal, 11 assists, 12 points, and 70 penalty minutes. He had an impressive post-season with the Dukes, putting up 7 goals, 12 assists, and 19 points in 23 games. Hanna also appeared in 2 games for the Petes last season, registering 1 assist.
"As we are restricted to only dressing three overage players, and having acquired an experienced overage defenceman earlier in the day, we feel this move is in the best interest of not only our hockey club, but Quinn's as well," commented Oke. "We'd like to thank Quinn not just for his contributions to our team on the ice, but especially for his character and community involvement off of it."
The Petes wrap up their pre-season presented by CIBC Wood Gundy Peterborough this weekend. On Friday, September 13 at 7:30pm, Peterborough will visit the Niagara IceDogs in Lincoln. They'll face the same IceDogs on Saturday, September 14 at 7:05pm at the new Cavan Monaghan Community Centre in Millbrook.
Single game tickets for all regular season games are now on sale at the PMC Grant Thornton Box office in person, by phone at (705) 743-3561, or online. To view the Petes' full schedule, click here.
A limited number of season tickets are still available starting at just $270. For more information about season tickets and flex packages for the 2019-20 Petes season, contact Mike at (705) 743-3681 x 263 or by email.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from September 12, 2019
- Colts Win at Home over IceDogs - Barrie Colts
- Quinn Hanna Re-Assigned to Wellington Dukes - Peterborough Petes
- IceDogs Fall to Colts - Niagara IceDogs
- Kartye Powers Hounds with Three-Point Performance - Soo Greyhounds
- Colts Sign Lalama and Dvurechenskii - Barrie Colts
- Exhibition Play Wraps up with Set against Battalion - Owen Sound Attack
- 2nd Annual Future Knights Skills Competition October 19th - London Knights
- Firebirds to Host Saginaw at Iceland Arenas Saturday - Flint Firebirds
- Petes Acquire Defenceman Jacob Paquette from the Niagara IceDogs - Peterborough Petes
- Niagara IceDogs Make Trade with the Peterborough Petes - Niagara IceDogs
- Attack Trade Andrew MacLean to Oshawa Generals - Owen Sound Attack
- Generals Acquire Andrew MacLean from the Owen Sound Attack in Exchange for a Draft Selection - Oshawa Generals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Peterborough Petes Stories
- Win Big Prizes and Get Exclusive Insider Info at Thursday Night Live with the Peterborough Petes
- Michael Little and Jack York to Pursue Opportunities in QMJHL in 2020-21 Season
- Petes Trade Potential Overage Player Brady Hinz to Niagara IceDogs
- Relive the 1996 Memorial Cup Live with Jeff Twohey and Petes Alumni on September 17
- Peterborough Petes Nominated for Peterborough Business Excellence Award