Perbix Named USHL Player of the Week
Ralston, NE - Omaha Lancers defenseman, Nick Perbix has been named to the USHL's Player of the Week. Perbix shares Player of the Week honors with Forward, Johnny McDermott (Tri-City Storm) and Goaltender, Filip Larsson (Tri-City Storm).
"It's an honor to be named the defensive player of the Week," Perbix said, "The whole team played a role in this honor. It's such a great league and it took a little time to get comfortable with the pace but I'm feeling great now."
Perbix, a native of Elk River, MN, has played in all 17 games for the Lancers and has recorded 9 points (9 assists) so far. In the past four games, Perbix has raked in 5 assists, including 2 assists in the most recent 5-3 victory for the Lancers over the Des Moines Buccaneers.
"We've had some changes with the team but we're really coming together as a whole," the defenseman said. "The goaltending and defense have been strong and we're putting the puck in the net."
Perbix is the first defenseman for the Lancers to receive the Player of the Week honor from the USHL this season. Nick is also committed to play college hockey at St. Cloud State University and was drafted 6th round, 169th overall by the Tampa Bay Lighting in the 2017 NHL Draft. Perbix was also named to the U.S. Junior Select Team for World Junior A Challenge to play in Nova Scotia later this month.
The Lancers face the Tri-City Storm this Friday, who have two players that were named to the USHL's Players of the Week, McDermott and Larsson, and currently sit in second place in the Western Conference with 28 points.
"Tri-City is a tough team," Perbix said, "But I know if the team plays like we have been lately we will take care of business and come out with a big 2 points."
The Lancers are now 7-2-1-0 in their last 10 games and currently sit with an overall record of 9-7-1-0 and a .559 win percent.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from December 13, 2017
- Larsson Named to Sweden World Juniors Roster - Tri-City Storm
- Pair of Former RoughRiders named to Preliminary U.S. National Team. - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
- 12-6-17 O'Reilly Named to USHL/NHL Top Prospect Game - Madison Capitols
- Three Phantoms Named to USHL/NHL Top Prospect Game - Youngstown Phantoms
- Nelson & St. Ivany Named to USHL/NHL Top Prospects Game - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Five Stars Named to USHL/NHL Top Prospects Game - Lincoln Stars
- Three Saints Named to USHL/NHL Top Prospects Game - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- GURNEY, LILLIBRIDGE, McLAUGHLIN SELECTED FOR 2018 USHL/NHL TOP PROSPECTS GAME - Chicago Steel
- Drury, Moe to Appear at Highly-Scouted Event - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Two Storm Players Selected to 2018 NHL Top Prospect Game Roster - Tri-City Storm
- 2018 USHL NHL Top Prospects Roster Released - Omaha Lancers
- RoughRiders Roy Named to USHL/NHL Top Prospect Game - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
- 2018 USHL/NHL Top Prospects Game Rosters Announced - USHL
- Olympic Ice Sheet at USA Hockey Arena Named in Honor of Mitchel Kiefer - U.S. National Team
- U.S. Women's National Team Falls to Canada, 2-0, in Winnipeg; Team USA outshoots Canada, 32-21. - U.S. National Team
- Joe Abate Commits to Nebraska-Omaha - Youngstown Phantoms
- FORMER USHL TALENT LOOKS TO LEAD TEAM USA AT 2018 WJC - USHL
- Anderson and Samberg Prepare for World Juniors - Waterloo Black Hawks
- 2018 U.S. National Junior Team Preliminary Roster Announced - U.S. National Team
- RoughRiders Add Defenseman Denman - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
- Stars Host Back the Badge Night this Thursday - Lincoln Stars
- Hawks Collect Coats Friday - Waterloo Black Hawks
- USHL Players of the Week - Week 9 - Tri-City Storm
- USHL Names Two Storm Players to Players of the Week List - Tri-City Storm
- Perbix Named USHL Player of the Week - Omaha Lancers
- USHL Players of the Week - USHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.