Penguins Assign Manderson and Rowney to Wheeling
WILKES-BARRE, Pa. - The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins announced today that forwards Denver Manderson and Carter Rowney have been returned on loan to the Wheeling Nailers (ECHL). In addition, defenseman Barry Goers and forward Zack Torquato have been released from their professional tryout agreements (PTO) and will return to Wheeling.
Manderson, 24, has appeared in 25 games this season with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, netting one goal, six assists and four penalty minutes. Manderson registered four points over two games last weekend for Wheeling, bringing his Nailers totals on the year to 13 points (4g-9a) and four PIM in 14 contests.
Rowney collected his first Wilkes-Barre/Scranton goal on February 7 in a 5-1 win over the Portland Pirates. The 23-year old rookie has also chipped in two assists in 16 games for the Penguins. At the time of his recall from Wheeling on December 30, Rowney was second on the Nailers in points (20) and assists (13), and tied for second on the team with seven goals in 22 games.
In eight games with the Penguins, Goers has recorded one goal, four assists and two penalty minutes. A 27-year old, fourth-year pro from Ivyland, Pa., Goers has also posted eight points (2g-6a) and 8 PIM for Wheeling over 18 games.
Signed to a PTO by Wilkes-Barre/Scranton on December 21, Torquato joined the Penguins as Wheeling's leader in goals (9), assists (22) and points (31) over the course of 25 games. In his fourth professional season, Torquato compiled two goals, five assists and 22 penalty minutes in 18 games with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.
The Penguins return to action on Friday, February 14 when they take on the Binghamton Senators at 7:05 p.m.
Good seats for all Penguins home games are available at the Mohegan Sun Arena box office, online at TicketMaster.com, or by calling 800-745-3000.
Group rates, flex books and mini-plans are available directly from the Penguins ticket office by calling 570-208-7367.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 13, 2014
- Stars Weekly (Week 20) - Stars Take Three Points out of Four at Abbotsford - Texas Stars
- Comets Reloaded - Utica Comets
- Griffins and Sled Wings to Throw Down in Ninth Annual Sled Hockey Game - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Iowa Recalls Brace from Ontario - Iowa Wild
- Weekend Preview: Games 51, 52 vs. Charlotte Checkers - Abbotsford Heat
- Sharks Aim Toward Playoff Push - Worcester Sharks Weekly - Worcester Sharks
- Penguins Assign Manderson and Rowney to Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- "Cheers" with the Wolves at Hofbräuhaus in Rosemont - Chicago Wolves
- Friday's Heat vs Checkers Game Postponed Until 2pm Saturday - Abbotsford Heat
- Labatt Bubble Hockey Tournament of Champions - Adirondack Phantoms
- Hoffman Stellar in First All-Star Appearance - Binghamton Senators
- Pirates Release Corey Trivino from Professional Tryout Contract - Portland Pirates
- Phantoms Weekly - Love Is in the Air - Adirondack Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Stories
- Forrest Named Head Coach, Karmanos Named GM of the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Mike Vellucci, Todd Reirden Hired as Assistant Coaches by Pittsburgh
- Penguins Sign Felix Robert and Luke Stevens
- Pittsburgh's Postseason Roster Features 19 Alumni of Wilkes-Barre/Scranton
- Penguins Sign Nick Schilkey and Zach Nastasiuk