Iowa Recalls Brace from Ontario
Des Moines, IA - Iowa Wild General Manager Jim Mill announced on Thursday the team has recalled forward Riley Brace from the Ontario Reign of the ECHL.
Brace's rights, along with Curt Gogol, were acquired from Worcester in a trade that sent Chad Rau to the San Jose Sharks organization on Feb. 5. He is expected to make his Iowa debut this weekend. The 21-year old (3/7/92), has split this season between the AHL's Worcester Sharks and the ECHLs Ontario Reign. In 24 games with the Sharks, Brace set up three goals and added three assists. In five games with Ontario, the young forward had three goals and four points. The 5-foot-11, 185-pounder turned pro in spring of 2013, playing in eight games for Worcester with three goals and six points. He finished his junior career in 2013, playing in 304 OHL games for the Mississauga St. Michael's Majors from 2008-13. Over his OHL career, Brace scored 89 goals and added 145 assists for 234 points.
The team returns to the ice after the All-Star break, playing in Milwaukee on Friday, Feb. 14 at 7 p.m. Iowa returns to Wells Fargo Arena on Saturday, Feb. 15 at 7:05 p.m. to host the Rockford IceHogs. Saturday the Wild celebrates Pink in the Rink, presented by Sammons Financial. In a partnership with the Susan G. Komen of Iowa, the Wild are encouraging fans to wear pink to create awareness for breast cancer awareness. The players will wear Pink in the Rink themed jerseys for the game. Fans will have a chance to purchase the game-worn jerseys in a live postgame jersey auction. The auction benefits Susan G. Komen of Iowa. Also, the first 5,000 fans in attendance will receive Pink LED light-up thundersticks. The team will conclude a weekend set with Rockford on Sunday, Feb. 16 at 4:05 p.m. The game is Superheroes Day, where superheroes and local mascots, including Cy and Herky, make an appearance. The first 2,000 fans in attendance receive an Iowa Wild superhero poster. Fans may also purchase the Subway Family Four Pack for the game, which features four tickets, four hot dogs, four sodas, and Subway coupons starting at $44.
Fans may purchase single game tickets multiple ways, either through the team's website - www.Iowawild.com, Wells Fargo Arena box office or Dahl's Ticketing. Tickets are available online at www.iowawild.com under the single game tickets tab. Fans may also purchase tickets by calling 1-866-55-DAHLS (32457) or by visiting one of 13 Dahl's Food Stores locations in the greater Des Moines area, and in Ames. In order to purchase group tickets (10 or more), please call the Iowa Wild ticketing department at 515-564-8700. Fans interested in buying full season, or smaller season packages may call the Iowa Wild front office at 515-564-8700.
The Iowa Wild regular season is presented by Mercy Medical Center. Season tickets to see the Wild play at Wells Fargo Arena start at just $9 per game. For more information on tickets, please contact the Wild ticket office by calling 515-564-8700 or go to www.iowawild.com .
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 13, 2014
- Stars Weekly (Week 20) - Stars Take Three Points out of Four at Abbotsford - Texas Stars
- Comets Reloaded - Utica Comets
- Griffins and Sled Wings to Throw Down in Ninth Annual Sled Hockey Game - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Iowa Recalls Brace from Ontario - Iowa Wild
- Weekend Preview: Games 51, 52 vs. Charlotte Checkers - Abbotsford Heat
- Sharks Aim Toward Playoff Push - Worcester Sharks Weekly - Worcester Sharks
- Penguins Assign Manderson and Rowney to Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- "Cheers" with the Wolves at Hofbräuhaus in Rosemont - Chicago Wolves
- Friday's Heat vs Checkers Game Postponed Until 2pm Saturday - Abbotsford Heat
- Labatt Bubble Hockey Tournament of Champions - Adirondack Phantoms
- Hoffman Stellar in First All-Star Appearance - Binghamton Senators
- Pirates Release Corey Trivino from Professional Tryout Contract - Portland Pirates
- Phantoms Weekly - Love Is in the Air - Adirondack Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.