Hoffman Stellar in First All-Star Appearance
ST. JOHN'S, N.L. - Mike Hoffman was the lone Binghamton Senators representative in the 2014 American Hockey League All-Star Classic the past two days, in his first appearance in the two day event. Hoffman's inaugural trip was undoubtedly a successful one winning the Fastest Skater event during the Skills Competition on Tuesday before following it up with a three point performance in the All-Star Game last night helping the AHL to a 7-2 victory over Färjestad BK of the Swedish League.
Hoffman contributed two overall points for the AHL in Tuesday night's thrilling 18-17 win over Färjestad in the Skills Competition. His first point came from his individual win in the CCM Fastest Skater event with his impressive rink-lap time of 13.990 seconds. His time, the only lap below the 14-second mark, also allowed the AHL team to grab the bonus point for lowest team average. Hoffman's second point for the AHL came on his successful attempt in the AHL Live Breakaway Relay event.
The 24-year old native of Kitchener, Ontario, followed up his stellar performance in the Skills Competition with a one goal, two assist performance in the All-Star Game helping the AHL to a 7-2 win over the nine-time Swedish League Champions, Färjestad. Hoffman notched the AHL's first goal 8:43 into the opening period before assisting on both of Brandon Pirri's tallies. Pirri tallied the secondary assist on Hoffman's goal, also giving him a three point evening, earning the Assante Wealth Management Most Valuable Player Award. Hoffman was named the AHL Player of the Game.
Hoffman is currently ranks second in the league in scoring with 58 points (25 goals, 33 assists) through 46 games.
AHL action resumes this Friday, February 14 with the B-Sens hosting back-to-back games over the weekend. Friday the Sens faceoff against their division rival the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins before welcoming the Worcester Sharks for the only time this season on Saturday. Both games are set to begin at 7:05p.m.
Tickets for either game are available by calling the Binghamton Senators Executive Office at (607) 722-7367 or stopping in between 9:00a.m. and 5:30p.m. Fans can also purchase tickets through the Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena Box Office and all Ticketmaster outlets during normal business hours by visiting www.ticketmaster.com or at 1-800-745-3000.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 13, 2014
- Stars Weekly (Week 20) - Stars Take Three Points out of Four at Abbotsford - Texas Stars
- Comets Reloaded - Utica Comets
- Griffins and Sled Wings to Throw Down in Ninth Annual Sled Hockey Game - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Iowa Recalls Brace from Ontario - Iowa Wild
- Weekend Preview: Games 51, 52 vs. Charlotte Checkers - Abbotsford Heat
- Sharks Aim Toward Playoff Push - Worcester Sharks Weekly - Worcester Sharks
- Penguins Assign Manderson and Rowney to Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- "Cheers" with the Wolves at Hofbräuhaus in Rosemont - Chicago Wolves
- Friday's Heat vs Checkers Game Postponed Until 2pm Saturday - Abbotsford Heat
- Labatt Bubble Hockey Tournament of Champions - Adirondack Phantoms
- Hoffman Stellar in First All-Star Appearance - Binghamton Senators
- Pirates Release Corey Trivino from Professional Tryout Contract - Portland Pirates
- Phantoms Weekly - Love Is in the Air - Adirondack Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.