Pelicans win rubber match 3-1
ROBSTOWN, TEXAS - The Coastal Bend Aviators fell in the third game of the series to the Pensacola Pelicans 3-1 on Thursday night at Fairgrounds Field.
A fine pitching performance by Tim McGough was for not, as the Pelicans posted a pair of runs that would stand up in the game.
The Aviators will begin a three game series against the El Paso Diablos tomorrow at Cohen Stadium in El Paso. Coastal Bend remains three games in front of Pensacola in the standings and remain in first place in the South Division of the American Association.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from June 15, 2006
- American Association recaps - AA
- Canaries drub Salt Dogs, 12-1 - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Pelicans win rubber match 3-1 - Coastal Bend Aviators
- Pelicans make last trip to Fort Worth in first half - Pensacola Pelicans
- Florida Marlins Hitting Instructor to be on Pelicans Radio Show - Pensacola Pelicans
- X's open weekend series with St. Paul - Sioux City Explorers
- 'Snakes Get Back into the Win Column - St. Joseph Blacksnakes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.