Pats Sign 2020 First Overall Pick Connor Bedard
Regina, Saskatchewan - The Regina Pats Hockey Club is pleased to announce that they will select forward Connor Bedard, the first exceptional status player in WHL history, first overall in the 2020 WHL Bantam Draft on Wednesday and that the 15-year-old has signed a WHL Standard Player Agreement with the club.
The Pats secured the first overall selection in the 2020 WHL Bantam Draft Lottery on March 25, 2020.
"This is a big day for our organization," said Pats VP of Hockey Operations and General Manager John Paddock. "Connor is an exceptional person and a great player; we look forward to seeing him in a Pats uniform next season."
"I am so honoured and excited to have the chance to be a part of such a great organization like the Regina Pats," said Connor Bedard. "I can't wait to get to Regina and play in front of the awesome fans."
Bedard, from Vancouver, B.C. played midget hockey as a 14-year-old last season, scoring 43 goals and 84 points in 36 games with West Van Academy of the CSSHL. He led the league with his 43 goals and 84 points and was named the CSSHL Most Valuable Player.
Bedard was also the CSSBHL MVP in 2018-19 and led the league in goals with 64 and 88 points in 30 games.
Bedard will be the second first overall pick in Regina Pats history, the club drafted defenceman Colten Teubert first overall in 2005. The 2020 WHL Bantam Draft will take place on April 22nd.
Connor Bedard #98 T-Shirts are available now at PatsStore.ca with Free Local Delivery (within Regina City Limits). Heat Press Jersey Customization & T-Shirts deliver (local) or ship within 24 hours of purchase. Please allow 2-3 weeks for Stitched Customization.
2020 WHL Bantam Draft
Date: Wednesday, April 22
Livestream: 9:30 a.m. MT at WHL.ca & YouTube
First Round: 10 a.m. MT at WHL.ca & YouTube
Complete Coverage: WHL.ca/Draft, Twitter - @TheWHL, @WHLProspects
The Pats have extended the early bird deadline for Season Ticket Renewal until April 30th. Season Ticket holders can renew their tickets online in their My Pats Account or via phone at 306-552-7287. Calls will be taken during regular business hours, Monday to Friday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. If no one is immediately available to take your call, voicemails will be returned as soon as possible.
Images from this story
Regina Pats draft pick Connor Bedard
(Western Hockey League)
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from April 21, 2020
- 2020 WHL Bantam Draft Preview - Tri-City Americans
- Need to Know: 2020 WHL Bantam Entry Draft - Saskatoon Blades
- How We Were Built - 2019 Edition - Winnipeg Ice
- Dennis Williams Earns Second WHL Western Conference Coach of the Year Award in His Career - Everett Silvertips
- Prospect Profile: Caleb Wyrostok - Swift Current Broncos
- Rebels Prepared for WHL Bantam Draft to be Conducted Online Wednesday; Will Pick Sixth Overall - Red Deer Rebels
- Preview: Rockets ready for deep 2020 WHL Bantam Draft - Kelowna Rockets
- 2019 Bantam Draft Class Review - Tri-City Americans
- Winterhawks Trade Carter Streek to Saskatoon - Portland Winterhawks
- Blades Acquire, Sign Forward Carter Streek from Winterhawks - Saskatoon Blades
- Pats Sign 2020 First Overall Pick Connor Bedard - Regina Pats
- 2020 WHL Bantam Draft Preview - Swift Current Broncos
- Western Hockey League to Host 2020 WHL Bantam Draft Online Wednesday - WHL
- Adam Beckman Named WHL Western Conference Player of the Year - Spokane Chiefs
- Western Hockey League Announces Player of the Year Nominees for Four Broncos Memorial Trophy - WHL
- Cozens Named Eastern Conference Player of the Year - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Lorne Frey set to transition to senior advisor role - Kelowna Rockets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Regina Pats Stories
- Pats Store Headed to Cornwall Centre for Holiday Shopping Season
- Pats Join T's for Toys in Support of Eagle Heart Centre
- Tickets Now Available for Hockey Harvest Lottery
- Saskatchewan WHL Clubs Partner to Launch Hockey Harvest Lottery
- Pats acquire defenceman Tom Cadieux from Tri-City