Pats Leave Road with Loss
Regina, Saskatchewan - The Regina Pats finished their four-game road trip in the Central Division with a 5-2 loss to the Edmonton Oil Kings on Sunday.
In the first, the Pats outshot the Oil Kings 17-11 and got the period's lone goal. Austin Pratt dragged the puck in front and finished off his 20th of the year to make it 1-0, that was the score after 20 minutes. In the second, the Oil Kings scored three times in the first 6:25 of the frame to take a 3-1 lead, that was the score after two periods. In the third, Edmonton made it 4-1, four minutes into the frame on a goal from Andrew Fyten. Regina got it back to within two on the powerplay five minutes later. Logan Nijhoff got one to go from the left circle for his fifth and it was a 4-2 game. It stayed that way until late when the Oil Kings scored into an empty net to make it 5-2 and that was the final.
The Pats were outshot 45-36, the powerplay was one for five, the penalty kill three for three and Max Paddock made 40 saves.
The Pats (15-37-1-2) will return home to take on the Oil Kings on Friday at 7 p.m. at the Brandt Centre.
Regina - Austin Pratt (20) from Nikita Sedov and Sebastian Streu - 17:32 4v4.
Edmonton - Carter Souch (9) from Liam Keeler and Josh Williams - 0:50.
Edmonton - Scott Atkinson (8) from Vladimir Alistrov and Quinn Benjafield - 1:52.
Edmonton - David Kope (10) from Trey Fix-Wolansky and Andrew Fyten - 6:25.
Edmonton - Andrew Fyten (13) from Wyatt McLeod and David Kope - 4:23.
Regina - Logan Nijhoff (5) from Carter Massier and Ryker Evans - 9:13 PP.
Edmonton - Trey Fix-Wolansky (29) from Scott Atkinson and Andrew Fyten - 19:05 EN.
Shots on Goal
Regina 17-10-9-(36) Edmonton 11-18-16-(45)
Regina 1/5 Edmonton 0/3
- Austin Pratt reached the 20-goal plateau for the first time in his WHL career.
- Nikita Sedov has recorded an assist in back to back games.
- Logan Nijhoff has goals in consecutive games.
The Pats will return home to take on the Oil Kings on Friday at 7 p.m. at the Brandt Centre. Tickets are available at reginapats.com, the Brandt Centre Box Office and at any Regina Safeway, where Fun Zone tickets are $13 plus tax.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from February 10, 2019
- Blades Plow Through Wheaties Sunday at SaskTel Centre - Saskatoon Blades
- Six Scorers Left Hitmen - Calgary Hitmen
- Bad Third Dooms Cougars - Prince George Cougars
- Pats Leave Road with Loss - Regina Pats
- Giants Punch their Ticket to the Playoffs in a 4-1 Win over Prince George - Vancouver Giants
- Preview: Blades Welcome Wheaties - Saskatoon Blades
- Wheat Kings, Don Cherry to Help Promote Organ Donations - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Game 54 at Portland - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Calgary Hitmen Game Preview - Sunday, February 10 vs. Moose Jaw - Calgary Hitmen
- Winterhawks Game Day Preview: Portland vs. Medicine Hat - Portland Winterhawks
- Game Day Preview: Pats Wrap Four Game Alberta Road Trip in Edmonton - Regina Pats
- Christiansen Has Hat Trick, Wolf Another Shutout in 5-0 Playoff Clincher - Everett Silvertips
- ICE Fall 5-2 to Chiefs - Kootenay Ice
- Ams Unable to Overcome Early Flurry of Royals Goals, Fall 7-4 - Tri-City Americans
- Rebels Stymied by Warriors Netminder Evanoff and a Severe Shortage of Puck Luck - Red Deer Rebels
- Rockets Build Lead, Cruise to 4-1 Win - Kelowna Rockets
- No Dice in Everett - Portland Winterhawks
- Royals Storm Past Americans - Victoria Royals
- Tigers Outlasted by Thunderbirds 4-3 in OT - Medicine Hat Tigers
- T-Birds Tame Tigers In Overtime - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Chiefs Complete Season Sweep of ICE with 5-2 Win - Spokane Chiefs
- Raiders Down Hurricanes, Habscheid Records 500th WHL Win - Prince Albert Raiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.