Preview: Blades Welcome Wheaties
Brandon Wheat Kings (23-21-3-4) at Saskatoon Blades (33-13-8-0)
Date | Time | Place Sunday, Feb. 10th | 4:00 p.m | SaskTel Centre
Video Stream WHL Live
Radio 98 COOL FM | Pre-Game Show w/ Les Lazaruk @ 3:00pm
Mobile App Apple | Android
Live Stats Click Here
Next Home Game Saturday, Feb. 23rd vs Kootenay
Social Media @BladesHockey | Facebook | Instagram
Today is a Mosaic Family Sunday, so bring your skates and join the Blades on the ice after the game!
Tale of the Tape
Saskatoon Blades(33-13-8-0 - 74pts) 2nd - East Division 2nd - Eastern Conference PP- 49/231 = 21.2% (13th in WHL) PK- 141/177 = 79.7% (9th in WHL) Last 5: (4-0-1-0) Streak: (7-0-2-0)
Brandon Wheat Kings (23-21-3-4 - 53pts) 4th - East Division 9th - Eastern Conference PP- 45/200 = 22.5% (8th in WHL) PK- 137/194 = 70.6% (21st in WHL) Last 5: (3-2-0-0) Streak: (1-0-0-0)
The Blades will look to make it 4 wins in a row while extending their point streak to 10 games (7-0-2-0). Saskatoon still remains 6 points ahead of the Moose Jaw Warriors in the East Division... the Warriors have 3 games in hand and are also in action today in Calgary. Meanwhile, the Wheat Kings are trying to get back into the playoff picture, trailing the Calgary Hitmen by 6 points for the final wild card spot in the East.
The last game...
Max Gerlach and Gary Haden each had a goal and an assist in a 4-1 win last night in Swift Current. Nolan Maier picked up career win #50 thanks to a 24 save effort. Riley McKay and Cyle McNabb had the other goals for Saskatoon while Dawson Davidson also had 2 points in the win. The Wheaties are also coming off a win over the Broncos... a 3-2 shootout decision on Friday in Brandon.
Head to head...
This is Brandon's final trip to Saskatoon in the regular season; the Blades lead the 6-game series 3-0-1-0. The most recent meeting was this past Tuesday in Brandon; the Blades won 7-3. Max Gerlachand Gary Hadenlead the Blades offense in the season series with 6 points each. Brandon captain Stelio Mattheos leads the Wheaties with 8 points vs the Blades.
Dawson Davidson had another 2 assists last night, his 2nd straight multi-point game. Max Gerlach has goals in 5 straight games and Gary Haden had 1G-1A last night.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from February 10, 2019
- Blades Plow Through Wheaties Sunday at SaskTel Centre - Saskatoon Blades
- Six Scorers Left Hitmen - Calgary Hitmen
- Bad Third Dooms Cougars - Prince George Cougars
- Pats Leave Road with Loss - Regina Pats
- Giants Punch their Ticket to the Playoffs in a 4-1 Win over Prince George - Vancouver Giants
- Preview: Blades Welcome Wheaties - Saskatoon Blades
- Wheat Kings, Don Cherry to Help Promote Organ Donations - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Game 54 at Portland - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Calgary Hitmen Game Preview - Sunday, February 10 vs. Moose Jaw - Calgary Hitmen
- Winterhawks Game Day Preview: Portland vs. Medicine Hat - Portland Winterhawks
- Game Day Preview: Pats Wrap Four Game Alberta Road Trip in Edmonton - Regina Pats
- Christiansen Has Hat Trick, Wolf Another Shutout in 5-0 Playoff Clincher - Everett Silvertips
- ICE Fall 5-2 to Chiefs - Kootenay Ice
- Ams Unable to Overcome Early Flurry of Royals Goals, Fall 7-4 - Tri-City Americans
- Rebels Stymied by Warriors Netminder Evanoff and a Severe Shortage of Puck Luck - Red Deer Rebels
- Rockets Build Lead, Cruise to 4-1 Win - Kelowna Rockets
- No Dice in Everett - Portland Winterhawks
- Royals Storm Past Americans - Victoria Royals
- Tigers Outlasted by Thunderbirds 4-3 in OT - Medicine Hat Tigers
- T-Birds Tame Tigers In Overtime - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Chiefs Complete Season Sweep of ICE with 5-2 Win - Spokane Chiefs
- Raiders Down Hurricanes, Habscheid Records 500th WHL Win - Prince Albert Raiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.