Patriots bring in Jeff Scott as pitching coach
Bridgewater, NJ- The Somerset Patriots of the Atlantic League of Professional Baseball have announced the hiring of Jeff Scott as the Pitching Coach for the remainder of the 2005 season.
Scott previously worked this season as the Pitching Coach for the Long Island Ducks and helped the team to the second best Team ERA in the Atlantic League behind the Patriots.
He spent the 2004 season as the pitching coach of the Pennsylvania Road Warriors before joining the Ducks.
Scott was drafted 52nd overall by the Texas Rangers in the 1972 draft, between two future Hall-of-Famers, Dennis Eckersley (50th) and Gary Carter (53rd)
During his career, Scott advanced as high as the Triple-A level. Following his playing career, Scott stayed in baseball, working for the Rangers as a pitching coach, as the farm director and director of scouting for the Detroit Tigers, as scouting director for the Seattle Mariners and Cleveland Indians, and as a Major League scout for the Oakland A's, St. Louis Cardinals, and the Colorado Rockies.
Scott will fill the Pitching Coach position for the Patriots that was left open when John Montefusco resigned on Monday, September 12th.
"We are grateful to Jeff for filling the role with our team for the remainder of the season. Jeff already knows the league and will help our team finish strong in the half and the Playoffs," said Patrick McVerry, President/ General Manager of the Somerset Patriots Baseball Club.
The 2005 Somerset Patriots Season presented by Ford will continue at home on Friday, September 16th with a 7:05 pm game against the Camden Riversharks. Friday's game includes Notebooks for the first 1,500 kids courtesy of the Somerset County Education Association and Youth Hockey Night with New Jersey Devils Legend Ken Daneyko. Great seats are still available by calling (908) 252-0700, by stopping by the Patriots Ticket Office located at the ballpark, or on-line at www.somersetpatriots.com.
• Discuss this story on the Atlantic League message board...
Atlantic League Stories from September 15, 2005
- Bears out by the Beech - Long Island Ducks
- Lucca leads Patriots to 3-1 win over Riversharks - Somerset Patriots
- Bridgeport, Atlantic City game postponed - Bridgeport Bluefish
- Patriots bring in Jeff Scott as pitching coach - Somerset Patriots
- AC Surf to honor Negro League players - Atlantic City Surf
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Somerset Patriots Stories
- Somerset Patriots Bring Back MLB Outfielder Ramon Flores
- Somerset Patriots Sign MLB Righty Mike Broadway
- Somerset Patriots Land Six-Year Big Leaguer Jimmy Paredes
- Somerset Patriots Welcome Back INF Scott Kelly
- Somerset Patriots Re-Sign Two-Time All-Star LHP Duane Below