Osprey Drop Third Straight, Fall 9-3 to Ogden
MISSOULA, MT - Only finding two runs on three hits, a frustrating Osprey outing led to a 9-3 Ogden (23-6) win at Ogren Park at Allegiance Field Monday night. The third-straight Osprey loss moves Missoula (15-14) out of first in the North, with Idaho Falls edging Orem at home, 6-5, ending a five- game losing streak. The Raptors have won their last eight ballgames, 9-1 in their last ten.
Taking the good with the bad, Osprey pitcher Landon Whitson performed very well in 3.1 innings of relief, his longest of the season. The right-hander gave up no walks, no runs on only two hits, striking out a season-high four batters.
Missoula DH Spencer Brickhouse continued to play well, finishing 1-2, with two walks and a double. In his last five games, Brickhouse is a combined 10-18, with four doubles, a triple, and a homer, bringing eight runs across in that span.
Osprey LF Tristen Carranza kept a brow-raising 25 on-base streak alive with a 1-3 night at the plate. Despite four errors made defensively by Ogden, Missoula only dug out three hits, striking out 11 times at the plate. Carranza is a combined 4-7 in his last two nights, doubling and homering once.
One of the best arms in the Pioneer League took the mound for the Osprey in Patrick McGuff, presenting an 0.88 WHIP in 32 IP, both best in the league, against Ogden. The Raptors got to the righty early, scoring eight runs on eight hits, homering twice in just 4.2 IP.
The four-game home series vs Ogden continues Tuesday night at Ogren Park at Allegiance Field for Missoula, with first pitch on Bike to the Ballpark Night starting at 7:05 pm. The series ends Wednesday night, with a three- game road series looming vs Great Falls, who've won their last four.
All Osprey game tickets can be purchased at the MSO Hub Box Office, located at 140 North Higgins in Downtown Missoula, online at MissoulaOsprey.com and by phone (406) 543-3300.
• Discuss this story on the Pioneer League message board...
Pioneer League Stories from July 16, 2019
- Owlz Stumble in Game Two - Orem Owlz
- Castro Garners Pitcher of the Week Honors - Ogden Raptors
- Rox Explode for 12 in Blowout Win - Grand Junction Rockies
- Titus' Titan Effort Puts Raptors on Brink of Title - Ogden Raptors
- Chukars Snap Losing Skid - Idaho Falls Chukars
- Voyagers Blast Three Homers in Fourth Straight Win - Great Falls Voyagers
- Osprey Drop Third Straight, Fall 9-3 to Ogden - Missoula Osprey
- Voyagers Shutout Vibes in Game Two Monday Night - Rocky Mountain Vibes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.