Osprey Drop Pitchers Duel against Chukars
IDAHO FALLS, ID - The Missoula Osprey(2-2) could not overcome an early deficit in falling to the Idaho Falls Chukars(4-0) by a final score of 3-0.
Idaho Falls got on the board in the first inning on a two run double by Chris Hudgins. After both teams matched zeros for four innings, the Chukars added another run on an RBI triple by Isaiah Smith in the sixth. That was all that Idaho Falls would need as the Osprey were held to just three hits in the game, and one in the final seven innings.
Chih Wang earned the win in relief by going 3.2 innings, allowing two hits and three walks while fanning four. He moves to 1-0. Patrick McGuff, in spite of a solid outing falls to 0-1 with the loss. He went six innings, giving up three runs on eight hits and a walk while striking out nine. Anthony Veneziano finished up the game and in spite of him allowing the tying run to come to bat via two walks, he nailed down his first save of the year.
Tomorrow night, the Osprey and Chukars will meet again for the middle game of this three game set. On the mound for Idaho Falls will be Alec Marsh, and starting for the Osprey is Denson Hull. First pitch is at 7:15pm, and the festivities will start with the pregame show at 7pm on ESPN Missoula.
• Discuss this story on the Pioneer League message board...
Pioneer League Stories from June 18, 2019
- Chukars Blank Osprey for Fourth Straight Win - Idaho Falls Chukars
- 1st Round Draft Pick Lodolo Joins Mustangs - Billings Mustangs
- Vibes Opening Homestand Highlights - Rocky Mountain Vibes
- Exciting Events for Opening Weekend - Missoula PaddleHeads
- Owlz Late Surge Halted by Vibes - Orem Owlz
- Raptors Shut out for First Loss - Ogden Raptors
- Osprey Drop Pitchers Duel against Chukars - Missoula PaddleHeads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.