Orlando City Broadcasters Miguel Gallardo and Sergio Ruiz Torres Join the Apple TV MLS Season Pass Crew
February 8, 2023 - Major League Soccer (MLS) - Orlando City SC News Release
ORLANDO, Fla. - Orlando City analyst and former City goalkeeper Miguel Gallardo has been added to the list of on-air personalities who will join MLS Season Pass on Apple TV, it was announced today. The Lions' Spanish play-by-play man,Sergio Ruiz, has also joined the MLS Season Pass broadcast team, it was announced last week.
"We are incredibly excited for Miguel and Sergio as they tackle this new adventure and continue their career on the national level as part of this landmark partnership," said Jarrod Dillon, Orlando City SC president of business operations. "They both have played a vital role in sharing our Club's story throughout the City Beautiful and to fans across the world . We are very proud to have played a role in developing their careers andwe cannot wait to continue hearing their familiar voices calling MLS matches that will be aired around the globe."
Gallardo was the Club's first-ever signing and one of the eight players to transition with the franchise from Austin, Texas, making his seven seasons with the organization the longest tenure for any squad member. An official team ambassador, Gallardo has entrenched himself in the local area, while also putting up consistent high-quality performances between the sticks for the Lions, helping Orlando lift two USL Pro trophies and earning USL Pro All-League honors in 2011 and 2012. Gallardo then made the move into the booth and has spent the last six seasons as the television color analyst for all City matches.
In addition to his role with Apple TV, Gallardo will continue as an ambassador for the club, featuring in club-created content and select local radio calls throughout the season.
Ruiz has been the Spanish voice of Orlando City for the last eight seasons at the helm on Acción 97.9FM and 810AM. A former sports anchor for Univisión Orlando, the native of Venezuela also served as a producer and reporter for Telemundo Orlando and previously broadcast World Cup qualifying, Copa America and Copa Libertadores matches.â¯
MLS Season Pass features live broadcasts and replays of every match of the MLS regular season, Audi 2023 MLS Cup Playoffs and Leagues Cup - all in one place with consistent match times and no blackouts. It will also feature pregame shows, a whip-around show that provides live look-ins from every match and features discussion from all the key moments, plus a postgame wrap-up to close each night.â¯
All matches will feature commentary in either English or Spanish, while matches involving Canadian teams will also offer commentary in French. Pregame shows and the postgame wrap-up will be available in English and Spanish. Fans in the US and Canada will also have the option to select their home team's radio for broadcast audio on the Apple TV app where available.â¯
The launch of MLS Season Passâ¯marks the official kickoff of the 10-year partnership between MLS and Apple, a historic first for a major professional sports league.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 8, 2023
- Dájome Grabs Brace as 'Caps Claim 3-0 Victory Over Toronto FC - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Quakes to Raise Funds for Turkey-Syria Earthquake Relief - San Jose Earthquakes
- LA Galaxy Earn 4-1 Win over St. Louis CITY SC at 2023 Coachella Valley Invitational on Wednesday Afternoon - LA Galaxy
- Earthquakes to Host 2023 Season Hype Party at Blanco Urban Venue in Downtown San Jose on March 2 - San Jose Earthquakes
- FC Cincinnati Begins Demolition in Preparation for $300 Million Mixed-Use District North of TQL StadiumÃÂ - FC Cincinnati
- Philadelphia Union and Abasa Aremeyaw Mutually Agree to Terminate Contract - Philadelphia Union
- CF Montréal Concludes New Radio Broadcasting Deal with BPM Sports - Club de Foot Montreal
- Harrison Robledo Joins Indy Eleven on Loan - FC Cincinnati
- Atlanta United Signs Forward Giorgos Giakoumakis - Atlanta United FC
- 2023 Sounders FC-OL Reign Doubleheader Taking Place June 3 with Both Teams Facing Archrival Portland - Seattle Sounders FC
- PayPal Park to Host Chivas de Guadalajara vs. Club Pachuca on March 22 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Toronto FC Transfer Jayden Nelson to Rosenborg BK - Toronto FC
- Major League Soccer Launches "Our Soccer" Campaign for 2023 Season - MLS
- Orlando City Broadcasters Miguel Gallardo and Sergio Ruiz Torres Join the Apple TV MLS Season Pass Crew - Orlando City SC
- Sporting KC to Host Season Kickoff Watch Party on February 25 - Sporting Kansas City
- Apple and Major League Soccer Name 31 Accomplished On-Air Personalities to the MLS Season Pass Team - MLS
- U.S. Soccer Selects City of Orlando to Host USA-El Salvador for Concacaf Nations League Group D Finale on March 27 at 7:30 p.m. ET - Orlando City SC
- Minnesota United Sign Defender Miguel Tapias - Minnesota United FC
- 25 Revolution Academy Players Invited to United States Soccer Talent Identification Center - New England Revolution
- Columbus Crew Signs Defender Philip Quinton to First Team Contract - Columbus Crew SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando City SC Stories
- Orlando City SC Announces Promotional Calendar for 2023 Season
- Martín Ojeda, Iván Angulo Score as Lions Down Philadelphia in 2-1 Victory
- The Assist: Orlando City at Philadelphia Union - March 25, 2023
- Martín Ojeda Scores First as a Lion in City Defeat to Charlotte
- The Assist: Orlando City vs. Charlotte FC - March 18, 2023