Orange County SC Signs Top Teenage Prospect Bryce Jamison
Orange County Soccer Club has announced the signing of 16-year-old Barcelona Residency Academy forward Bryce Jamison, one of the top-ranked U-17 players in the United States, to a multi-year contract.
An Atlanta, Georgia native, Jamison joins the Orange and Black from the famed Barça Residency Academy in Casa Grande, AZ, where he played alongside current OCSC forward Korede Osundina and appeared for their highly successful U-17 and U-19 sides.
"Bryce is a statement signing for the club and a testament to the advancements we have made as an organization on and off the field," OCSC President of Soccer Operations, Oliver Wyss said. "Signing a player of Bryce's caliber validates our significant investment in our professional pathway and shows that we continue to strive to be at the forefront of player development in the US."
Jamison was highly impressed with the current Pathway to Pro program that OCSC has successfully laid out for its players. By inking this contract, he aims to follow in the footsteps of former OCSC players now in Europe like defender Kobi Henry, forward Ronaldo Damus and goalkeeper Aaron Cervantes.
"We are delighted to sign Bryce, he is an elite level youth prospect, and one of the most exciting players within his age group in the nation," OCSC Sporting Director, Peter Nugent said. "He is a player that we have tracked for a long time and believe he is the perfect fit for our pathway. With the right guidance, he has all the potential to play at a very high level."
At the Barça Residency Academy, Jamison scored five goals in his first eight starts for the U-17 squad and was quickly called up to the U-19s. There, he helped the team win the MLS Next Southwest Division in 2022 and scored seven goals in 13 games, including the equalizer against FC Dallas in the MLS Next Cup Playoffs.
Jamison has earned recognition for his play, including being named to the inaugural MLS Next All-Star Game in Minnesota this year. Among the 45 players named to the game, he was one of only five non-MLS academy players selected and started the match for the West squad.
"We are extremely excited to see Bryce sign his first professional contract with Orange County SC," Barcelona Residency Academy Director Ged Quinn said. "Bryce is an exceptional talent with a ton of potential and we are sure that he will thrive in the environment at OCSC. This will be just the beginning of an exciting professional career for Bryce and we look forward to monitoring his future success within the game. He will always have the full support from everyone here at Barça Residency Academy and he fully deserves this opportunity to go and prove himself in the USL. We could not be prouder of him!"
Following his performances at the club level, Jamison earned a call-up from United States U-17 Men's Youth National Team head coach Gonzalo Segares for the training camp taking place at the Elite Athlete Training Center in nearby Chula Vista, CA.
Jamison will be available for selection ahead of this Saturday's match on the road against the Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC.
Per club policy, terms and conditions of the deal will not be disclosed.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from September 23, 2022
- Memphis 901 FC Stuns LouCity in Top-Of-The-Table Duel - Louisville City FC
- Memphis 901 FC Flies over Louisville City FC with Stoppage Time Winner from Smith - Memphis 901 FC
- Tale of Two Halves as Battery Fall 0-3 to Rio Grande Valley - Charleston Battery
- Stoppage Time Goal Lifts Memphis 901 FC Past Louisville City FC 2-1 - Memphis 901 FC
- Pinzon Leads Charge Against Charleston Battery - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Notes and Quotes: "We're Just Trying to Keep the Momentum Rolling" - Sacramento Republic FC
- Everything You Need to Know Before Orange County SC Visits Pittsburgh - Orange County SC
- Danny Vitiello Wins USL Championship Save of the Week for Week 28 - Sacramento Republic FC
- Preview: FC Tulsa at Detroit City FC - September 24 - Hamtramck, Mich. 6:30 p.m. CT - FC Tulsa
- Righting the Ship: Le Rouge to Host FC Tulsa - Detroit City FC
- Orange County SC Signs Top Teenage Prospect Bryce Jamison - Orange County SC
- Game Information and Match Notes - SAFC v SAC - San Antonio FC
- Rising Acquires Defender Gabriel Torres from FC Tulsa - Phoenix Rising FC
- Monterey Bay F.C. Travels to Florida for Eastern Conference Fixture with Miami FC - Monterey Bay FC
- FC Tulsa Defender Gabi Torres to Join Phoenix Rising FC Following Transfer Agreement - FC Tulsa
- Oakland Youth Symphony to Perform at Oakland Roots Last Home Game with Special Guest G-Eazy - Oakland Roots
- Orange County SC Announces Friendly with German Side Hamburger SV - Orange County SC
- Hartford Athletic and Stanley Black & Decker Partner for 4th Annual Match for a Cause - Hartford Athletic
- Miami FC Hosts Red-Hot Monterey Bay at FIU Stadium - Miami FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orange County SC Stories
- Milan Iloski Equalizes at the Death, OCSC Steals a Point in Pittsburgh
- Everything You Need to Know Before Orange County SC Visits Pittsburgh
- Orange County SC Signs Top Teenage Prospect Bryce Jamison
- Orange County SC Announces Friendly with German Side Hamburger SV
- Everything You Need to Know Before Orange County SC Heads to Sactown