Ontiveros comes through in the clutch
ROBSTOWN, TEXAS - The Coastal Bend Aviators began their second home stand of the '06 season with a victory against the Shreveport Sports at Fairgrounds Field.
The Aviators improve to 9-3 and are in sole possession of first place in the South Division of the American Association.
Derrick Van Dusen was the Defensive Player of the Game pitching eight innings, surrendering only four hits and two runs. Though not factored into the decision, Van Dusen was effective and kept the Aviators within striking distance.
Jaime Landin led the offensive charge going three for three at the plate. Even with the production at the plate, Landin delivered with a sacrifice bunt in the ninth to set up the tying run. Teammate, first baseman Jeff Ontiveros, put away the Sports with a walk-off two RBI single in the bottom of the ninth as he was awarded the Offensive Player of the Game.
Join the Avaitors tomorrow night at Fairgrounds Field as they host the Shreveport Sports in Game Two of the three game series. Catch all the action live by tuning in to ESPN 1230 KSIX OR 1150 KCCT (Check local listings) Call 361-387-8585 for all ticketing needs, or visit the ticket office at the ballpark.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from May 23, 2006
- American Association Recaps - AA
- 'Snakes Streak Continues - St. Joseph Blacksnakes
- Ontiveros comes through in the clutch - Coastal Bend Aviators
- Pelicans Keep Winning Streak Alive in Commanding Form - Pensacola Pelicans
- Canaries Sign New Catcher - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Canaries suspended by rain - Sioux Falls Canaries
- 'Snakes Trade for Catcher - St. Joseph Blacksnakes
- Pelicans Return Home to Tuesday Madness - Pensacola Pelicans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.