NYCFC Teams up with NY Designer on Biggest Streetwear Apparel Collab in MLS History
(New York, NY) -- New York City FC is proud to release a new apparel collection in collaboration with STAPLE, the world-renowned streetwear brand helmed by creative visionary, jeffstaple.
The coupling of the NY-based pioneering streetwear label and NY-based soccer club marks the biggest streetwear collaboration to date for Major League Soccer, and creates an exciting opportunity to unite their respective fans by celebrating the commonality shared amongst all -- being NYC proud. The two New York City staples also share a tie to the notorious Pigeon -- STAPLE's iconic motif and the unofficial mascot of New York City and NYCFC.
NYCFC Vice President of Marketing, Sarah Bishop comments "The partnership between NYCFC and STAPLE is a natural one for both our brands given the connection we have with the people and culture across the five boroughs that make up New York City. We are proud to partner with jeffstaple, STAPLE and Reed Art Department and are excited to see the collection worn in the bleachers and on the streets all across the City."
"The Pigeon is a major representation of the New York City hustle and energy -- it always manages to not just survive but also win. It's incredible that the Pigeon is recognized as NYCFC's unofficial mascot for the same reasons that I chose to have it be the icon for STAPLE," says jeffstaple, Founder and CEO of STAPLE and Reed Art Department. He adds, "it was important for us to create a collection that evokes a sense of community and emphasizes our shared connections as New Yorkers."
The design concept of the collection taps into the rich history of the NYC Subway signage vernacular with the dots and color-coded lines of Massimo Vignelli's redesigned NYC Subway Map reworked to represent NYCFC and STAPLE. The minimalist, geometric design elements combined with NYCFC's signature bold colors - navy blue, sky blue and orange - pay homage to the system that is responsible for connecting people from downtown up to Yankee Stadium and across all boroughs.
The five-piece collection consists of a white short-sleeve tee ($40) reminiscent of a classic soccer jersey, a black varsity-style long-sleeve tee ($55) emblazoned with '97 (the founding year of STAPLE), a grey hoodie ($80) featuring a subtle design nod to the NYC Subway Map, a spirited, dual-sided woven soccer scarf ($35), and a Pintrill pin ($12) that cleverly channels the old-school NYC subway token with a custom combination of a Pigeon stamp and the NYCFC badge circle. The collection has something for soccer fans, streetwear aficionados and New Yorkers, alike, to proudly represent the resilience and undeniable motivations that keep the energy of NYC alive.
The capsule drops first today on July 30th at Legends, located in Yankee Stadium for the NYCFC home game against Columbus Crew this evening, on MLSstore.com and staplepigeon.com. Subsequently, the collection will be available for purchase at Upper90 stores in Manhattan and Astoria on July 31st, and at ExtraButter boutiques in Manhattan and Long Island City on August 6th.
Later this MLS season, NYCFC and STAPLE will unveil custom adidas cleats that will be auctioned to benefit City in the Community (CITC) NY, the 501 (c)(3) charity foundation proudly supported by NYCFC.
Further details will be made available closer to the auction date in November.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 30, 2021
- Atlanta United Falls 3-2 to Orlando City SC - Atlanta United FC
- Nani's 87th Minute Game-Winner Leads Lions over Atlanta United - Orlando City SC
- Notes & Quotes: New York City FC 4 - 1 Columbus Crew - New York City FC
- Real Salt Lake Heads South to Face Houston Dynamo FC - Real Salt Lake
- Vines, Acosta, Lewis and Rest of USMNT Are Finals Bound After Defeating Qatar - Colorado Rapids
- Minnesota United FC at Vancouver Whitecaps Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Austin FC Partners with Freedom Solar to Support Energy Efficiency at Q2 Stadium - Austin FC
- Houston Dynamo FC Match against FC Dallas on September 18 Moved to 9 p.m. CT - Houston Dynamo FC
- Kickoff Time for FC Dallas' Road Match vs. Houston Dynamo FC on September 18 Moved to 9PM CT - FC Dallas
- Austin FC Sign Forward and Former U.S. Youth International Mckinze Gaines - Austin FC
- LA Galaxy Loan Defender Giancarlo González to Costa Rican Side Alajuelense - LA Galaxy
- Toronto FC Loan Rocco Romeo to Valour FC - Toronto FC
- LAFC Acquires $750,000 in Allocation Money and International Slot from Houston Dynamo in Exchange for Forward Corey Baird - Los Angeles FC
- Houston Dynamo FC Acquire FW Corey Baird from LAFC - Houston Dynamo FC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at New York Red Bulls - New England Revolution
- Sporting to Host FC Dallas on Saturday - Sporting Kansas City
- D.C. United Recall Erik Sorga from Loudoun United FC Loan - D.C. United
- NYCFC Teams up with NY Designer on Biggest Streetwear Apparel Collab in MLS History - New York City FC
- #SKCvDAL: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- Rapids Make First Trip to Austin FC, Q2 Stadium on Saturday - Colorado Rapids
- D.C. United Forward Nigel Robertha Suffers Grade Two Adductor Strain - D.C. United
- Charlotte FC Welcomes New Academy Coaches and Operations Staff for 2021-22 Season - Charlotte FC
- Orlando City SC Reinforces Recommendation for Fans to Wear Masks to Upcoming Matches - Orlando City SC
- Josh Penn Joins Charleston Battery on LoanÃÂ - Inter Miami CF
- New York Welcomes New England Revolution to Red Bull Arena on Saturday - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York City FC Stories
- One out vs. Red Bulls
- Four Compete in World Cup Qualifiers
- Keys to the Match
- Taty Castellanos Scoops September Player of the Month
- NYCFC Pair Ranked in MLS 22 Under 22 List