Novant Health Named the Official Healthcare Provider of the Greensboro Swarm
(GREENSBORO, N.C.) - The Greensboro Swarm, the NBA G League affiliate of the Charlotte Hornets, announced today that Novant Health has become the official healthcare provider of the team, expanding the long-standing relationship between the organizations. Additionally, the partnership is inclusive of Novant Health being the official orthopedic provider of the Swarm.
"We are thankful to work with our friends at Novant Health to expand and grow our relationship, especially the inclusive partnership as our orthopedic provider," Swarm President Steve Swetoha said. "While keeping our players safe and healthy, we will again look forward in bringing this relationship beyond the basketball court. Like us, Novant Health is very philanthropic and working with them on a number of community-driven initiatives is an important aspect of our partnership."
Highlighting the relationship is a Frontline Workers Night, which is scheduled for Saturday, March 26, against the Long Island Nets (Brooklyn Nets affiliate). That night will be an accumulation of a season-long initiative to recognize frontline workers at each of the Swarm's 26 games at the Fieldhouse at the Greensboro Coliseum Complex. Over 200 Novant Health frontline workers will receive complimentary tickets to the game and be recognized during the first half.
Both Novant Health and the Swarm are aligned on showing appreciation for those who kept our communities safe during the pandemic and for all the contributions done to support core functions in our local region.
"We're very excited to partner with the Greensboro Swarm," said Matt Schooler, senior director of Novant Health's Orthopedics & Sports Medicine Institute for the greater Winston-Salem market. "Just like the Hornets, the Swarm are committed to developing elite athletes the right way while also serving as an engaged and mission-driven champion for the community they serve. We are proud to support their winning culture and stand ready to keep their players and fans, safe and healthy." Also, the Swarm's 'Time Out For Fitness' will continue to be presented by Novant Health. The health and wellness program is designed to engage and encourage people of all ages to lead healthy and active lifestyles. The unique platform was designed to focus on nutrition and exercise for elementary school aged students.
Novant Health will also be prominently featured on the Greensboro game broadcast, in-game entertainment, social media and digitally on the team's website. A new 'Tip of the Month' will debut during the season as well on the social media platforms. Fans in the Fieldhouse will also see Novant Health represented with a center court logo, seatback covers, sideline banner and training room entitlements. An allocation of tickets for each game will be utilized by Novant Health as well.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 1, 2021
- Wisconsin Herd Loses Battle Versus Windy City - Wisconsin Herd
- Windy City, Lindsey Knock off Undefeated Herd at Buzzer - Windy City Bulls
- Scrubb's 36 Leads Clippers Past Stars - Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario
- Clippers Rally Behind Scrubb to Top Stars - Salt Lake City Stars
- Santa Cruz to Host Season of Giving Community Events During Holidays - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Warriors Assign Jonathan Kuminga and Moses Moody to Santa Cruz - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Long Island Nets Waive Isaiah Wright - Long Island Nets
- Warriors Recall Lee, Thompson and Wiseman from Santa Cruz - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Through the Fire with Renaldo Major: a Three-Part Series - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Novant Health Named the Official Healthcare Provider of the Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Balanced Scoring Attack Leads Go-Go Past Skyhawks - Capital City Go-Go
- Grand Rapids Gold Announce Start to NBA Cares Season of Giving - Grand Rapids Gold
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.