Nolan Returns To Monarchs Roster
MANCHESTER, NH - The Manchester Monarchs, the primary affiliate of the Los Angeles Kings, have signed defenseman Doug Nolan to a professional tryout agreement and center Shawn Bates to an American Hockey League contract, Monarchs Director of Hockey Operations Hubie McDonough announced today.
Nolan, 33, is a native of Quincy, Massachusetts and has played in a total of 241 games for the Monarchs from 2002-07. Nolan currently ranks sixth on the Monarchs all-time penalty minute list with 419 and seventh on the all-time games played list with 241. The 6-foot-2, 210-pounder recorded 26 points (5-2126) over five season in Manchester.
During his 15-year career, Nolan most recently spent the 2008-09 season with three different clubs, Vienna of the Austrian Hockey League, Lukko Rauma of Finland Sm-Liiga and Minsk Dynamo of the KHL. He played in four games for Vienna and accumulated six penalty minutes, recorded an assist in three games for Lukko Rauma and concluded the season with Minsk Dynamo while playing in 12 contests and recording two assists. Nolan will wear No. 32 for the Monarchs.
Bates, 34, is a native of Melrose, Massachusetts and has appeared in 465 NHL games. The 5-foot-11, 205-pounder has 198 points (72-126198) and 266 penalty minutes in 465 NHL games with the Boston Bruins and New York Islanders. Most recently, Bates suited up in six games for the Klagenfurt AC in Austria and recorded three assists and 12 penalty minutes. Bates will wear #19 for the Monarchs.
The Monarchs return to the Verizon Wireless Arena to face-off with the Worcester Sharks on Friday, December 11 at 7:30 p.m. Catch all of the play-by-play action of Monarchs hockey with Ken Cail on the Monarchs Radio Network WGAM 900/1250 AM and at www.manchestermonarchs.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 10, 2009
- Nolan Returns To Monarchs Roster - Manchester Monarchs
- Lightning Recall Center Blair Jones From Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Marlies Release Andy Rogers From PTO Contract - Toronto Marlies
- Overtime Win In Springfield Caps Off Long Travel Week For Adirondack - Adirondack Phantoms
- Crunch Announce Details Of Powerade Puzzle Giveaway Night - Syracuse Crunch
- Canadiens Assign Benoit Pouliot To Bulldogs For Conditioning Purposes - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Bevy Of Promotions Set For Admirals Games Next Week - Norfolk Admirals
- P-Bruins Bring In Veteran Defenseman - Providence Bruins
- Crunch Team Up With Toys For Tots - Syracuse Crunch
- Community Practice On Saturday; Stuffed Toy Toss On Sunday - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolf Pack Sign Former UConn Husky Mike Hoffman To PTO - Connecticut Whale
- Falcons Partner With Macy's And Make-A-Wish - Springfield Falcons
- American Hockey League Hall Of Fame Announces 2010 Inductees Into American Hockey League Hall Of Fam - AHL
- New York Rangers Announce Roster Moves - Connecticut Whale
- Bring The Amerks Home For The Holidays - Rochester Americans
- Amerks Sign Dylan Hunter To PTO - Rochester Americans
- Two Wolf Pack Games This Weekend To Air On WTIC NewsTalk 1080 - Connecticut Whale
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.