Wolf Pack Sign Former UConn Husky Mike Hoffman To PTO
HARTFORD, December 10, 2009: Hartford Wolf Pack general manager Jim Schoenfeld announced today that the team has signed forward Mike Hoffman, an ex-UConn Husky, to a Professional Tryout (PTO) agreement, and that the Wolf Pack has returned defenseman Mike Berube to its ECHL affiliate, the Charlotte Checkers.
Hoffman, a 29-year-old, 6-5, 248-pound native of Weymouth, MA, is in his seventh year of pro hockey, after playing a total of 31 games in a UConn uniform in the 2002-03 and 2003-04 seasons. Prior to going to UConn, Hoffman attended prep school at Loomis Chaffee in Windsor, CT. He is the first-ever UConn product to play with the Wolf Pack.
Hoffman comes to the Wolf Pack from the Florida Everblades of the ECHL, for whom he had played 12 games, registering one assist and 31 penalty minutes. Hoffman played in the AHL last season for the Chicago Wolves, skating in 61 games and scoring two goals and two assists for four points, while serving 89 minutes in penalties, the second-highest total on the team.
Hoffman has played in 282 career AHL contests with the Worcester IceCats, Cleveland Barons, Toronto Marlies, Manchester Monarchs, Portland Pirates and the Wolves, totaling 20 goals, 29 assists, 49 points and 602 PIM.
Berube, a first-year pro out of the Western Hockey League, was scoreless in four games with the Wolf Pack since being summoned from Charlotte November 29.
The Wolf Pack are back in action at the XL Center tomorrow night, Friday, December 11, when they host Kevin Dineen and the Portland Pirates on Guida's Family Value Night (7:00 PM faceoff). Family Value Night packages start as low as $45 and include three tickets, three hot dogs or pizza slices, three sodas and a Wolf Pack souvenir. Guida's Family Value Night packs can be purchased through the XL Center box office and on-line at www.hartfordwolfpack.com.
Single-game tickets for 2009-10 Hartford Wolf Pack regular season home games are on sale now at the XL Center box office, through Ticketmaster Charge-by-Phone at 1-800-745-3000 and on-line at www.hartfordwolfpack.com.
For information on all the Wolf Pack's many ticketing options, including terrific discounts for groups of 15 or more, visit www.hartfordwolfpack.com, or call the Wolf Pack ticket office at (860) 548-2000 to talk with an account executive today.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 10, 2009
- Nolan Returns To Monarchs Roster - Manchester Monarchs
- Lightning Recall Center Blair Jones From Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Marlies Release Andy Rogers From PTO Contract - Toronto Marlies
- Overtime Win In Springfield Caps Off Long Travel Week For Adirondack - Adirondack Phantoms
- Crunch Announce Details Of Powerade Puzzle Giveaway Night - Syracuse Crunch
- Canadiens Assign Benoit Pouliot To Bulldogs For Conditioning Purposes - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Bevy Of Promotions Set For Admirals Games Next Week - Norfolk Admirals
- P-Bruins Bring In Veteran Defenseman - Providence Bruins
- Crunch Team Up With Toys For Tots - Syracuse Crunch
- Community Practice On Saturday; Stuffed Toy Toss On Sunday - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolf Pack Sign Former UConn Husky Mike Hoffman To PTO - Connecticut Whale
- Falcons Partner With Macy's And Make-A-Wish - Springfield Falcons
- American Hockey League Hall Of Fame Announces 2010 Inductees Into American Hockey League Hall Of Fam - AHL
- New York Rangers Announce Roster Moves - Connecticut Whale
- Bring The Amerks Home For The Holidays - Rochester Americans
- Amerks Sign Dylan Hunter To PTO - Rochester Americans
- Two Wolf Pack Games This Weekend To Air On WTIC NewsTalk 1080 - Connecticut Whale
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.