Nneka Ogwumike Named 2022 WNBA All-Star Starter
LOS ANGELES - The WNBA announced today that LA Sparks forward Nneka Ogwumike was named a 2022 WNBA All-Star starter. She earns All-Star honors for the seventh time in her WNBA career. The 10 starters were selected by a combination of fan voting (50%), media voting (25%), and player voting (25%). Ogwumike has started and appeared in all 15 Sparks games this season. She is averaging 18.1 points, 7.7 rebounds, and 1.8 steals per game. She's shooting a blistering 59.9% from the field and 48% on 3-pointers.
Ogwumike's numbers rank her 8th in the WNBA in points per game, 9th in rebounds per game, 5th in steals per game, 3rd in player efficiency, and 2nd in both field goal and 3-point percentage. She's scored in double-figures in 14 out of 15 games this season, has eclipsed 20-points five times, and scored a season-high 30 points on May 27 against the Indiana Fever. She has recorded four double-doubles.
Ogwumike's career accolades include being the 2016 WNBA MVP, 2016 WNBA Champion, seven-time All-Star, four-time All-WNBA Team member, five-time All-Defensive team member, and a three-time Kim Perrot Sportsmanship Award winner. In 2021, she was named to the WNBA's 25th Anniversary Team, recognizing the Top 25 players in league history.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from June 22, 2022
- Liberty Eclipses Sun in Win - New York Liberty
- Las Vegas Aces Center Kiah Stokes to Visit University Medical Center of Southern Nevada Thursday, June 23 - Las Vegas Aces
- Wilson, Plum, Young Named Starters for AT&T WNBA All-Star 2022 - Las Vegas Aces
- Minnesota Lynx Center Sylvia Fowles Named AT&T WNBA All-Star 2022 Co-Captain and Starter - Minnesota Lynx
- Title IX 50th Anniversary X Her Time to Play Participant Kits - WNBA
- Wings Return Home to Battle Fever - Dallas Wings
- Candace Parker Named 2022 WNBA All-Star Starter - Chicago Sky
- Stewart, Bird Named WNBA All-Star Game Starters and Co-Captains - Seattle Storm
- Nneka Ogwumike Named 2022 WNBA All-Star Starter - Los Angeles Sparks
- Jonquel Jones Named 2022 AT&T WNBA All-Star Game Starter - Connecticut Sun
- Sabrina Ionescu to Start in 2022 WNBA All-Star Game - New York Liberty
- AT&T WNBA All-Star Starters Announced with Seattle Storm's Sue Bird Extending Record-Number of All-Star Selections to 13 - WNBA
- Kelsey Mitchell Is on an All-Star Level - Indiana Fever
- June 21 - Minnesota Lynx at Phoenix Mercury Postgame Notes - Minnesota Lynx
- Sky Come Back from WNBA Record 28-Point Deficit to Defeat Aces, 104-95 - Chicago Sky
- Aces Can't Hold Lead, Fall to Sky at Home, 104-95 - Las Vegas Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles Sparks Stories
- Rae Burrell Injury Update
- Los Angeles Sparks Sign Kianna Smith to Rest of Season Contract
- Los Angeles Sparks Re-Sign Kianna Smith to 7-Day Contract
- Los Angeles Sparks Agree to Contract Divorce with Liz Cambage
- Los Angeles Sparks Sign Kianna Smith to 7-Day Contract