Nitro Circus Live to Visit Toyota Stadium on May 23, 2015
FRISCO, Texas (Thursday, Oct. 23) - Nitro Circus founder, ringleader and world-class athlete Travis Pastrana announced today that Nitro Circus Live is returning to North America with a 2015 U.S. tour, visiting 14 cities including Toyota Stadium on Saturday, May 23, 2015.
Tickets for Nitro Circus Live at Toyota Stadium go on sale via Ticketmaster this Saturday at 9 a.m. CT.
Nitro Circus Live's Aaron "Wheelz" Fotheringham visited Toyota Stadium today during his media tour to promote the event. In traditional soccer fashion, Fotheringham exchanged his Nitro Circus jersey with the jersey of FC Dallas goalkeeper Chris Seitz.
Fotheringham regularly competes against BMX riders in his custom WCMX wheelchair. He is the first person to have performed a backflip and a double backflip in a wheelchair.
"We are so stoked to bring the biggest, most daring action sports production ever staged back home where Nitro Circus all started years ago," said Pastrana. "Our insane group of athletes perform stunts that you literally cannot see anywhere else on the planet. We're constantly pushing each other to break records and do things that people previously thought was physically impossible. We had an epic time in the U.S. earlier this year, and we were pumped on just how many people came out to see us. Now we're ready to show a whole bunch of new cities what we're all about."
Nitro Circus Live, the action sports spectacle that is a worldwide phenomenon, features more than 40 of the world's best action sports athletes performing daring and record-breaking tricks in freestyle motocross, BMX and skateboarding. The tour features hilarious and heart-stopping stunts unique to Nitro Circus using contraptions such as water coolers, rocking horses, a lazyboy couch and more. Pastrana, a 10-time X Games gold medalist in freestyle motocross and one of extreme sport's biggest names, is bringing back the stars of Nitro Circus' hit MTV show and Nitro Circus 3D film. The team helped sell out city after city on its first U.S. tour earlier this year.
Originally a small DVD series filmed in Pastrana's Maryland backyard, Nitro Circus grew into a successful MTV show with more than 46 million U.S. viewers and broadcast in 60 countries worldwide. The next step was Nitro Circus Live, which has captured the imagination of fans worldwide with a string of sell-out shows and record-breaking crowds across Europe, North America, Australia, New Zealand, Asia and Africa.
Fans can expect spectacular, fully choreographed huge motocross stunts and outrageous feats on an array of contraptions - trikes, snow skis, a bath tub on wheels, tandem bikes, razor scooters, shopping carts, and even a Barbie car, all launched with precision and skill off the one of a kind 50-foot high Nitro Gigant-A-Ramp.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 23, 2014
- No Pressure: LA Galaxy confident and relaxed ahead of Supporters' Shield-deciding clash with Seattle - LA Galaxy
- Mitch Murray, the International Man on a Mission - Colorado Rapids
- UAE Embassy and FC Dallas Foundation Dedicate New Soccer Field for Local Children - FC Dallas
- West Coast, Best Coast? Nguyen Represents a Legit MVP Candidate in the East - New England Revolution
- Oliver Larraz Nets Twice and Shines During US U-14 Training Camp - Colorado Rapids
- D.C. United Academy Update - D.C. United
- Nitro Circus Live to Visit Toyota Stadium on May 23, 2015 - FC Dallas
- LA Galaxy and AEG Invest over $15 Million Dollars into StubHub Center - LA Galaxy
- Earthquakes Announce 2014 Club Award Winners - San Jose Earthquakes
- Jimenez Growing into Rightback Role for Crew - Columbus Crew SC
- MLS Issues Disciplinary Decisions for Week 32 - MLS
- Chivas USA Fall in Road Finale, 2-0, at Real Salt Lake - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Real Salt Lake Tops Chivas USA 2-0 - Real Salt Lake
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.