Oliver Larraz Nets Twice and Shines During US U-14 Training Camp
Much has been made this season, even during the difficult run for the first team, of how there is a good, solid young core to this Colorado Rapids.
Well, it seems the club has talent catching the eye away from the glare of MLS.
The U.S. Under-14 Boys' National Team recently convened for a domestic training camp at the National Training Center in Carson, California, and among those to shine was midfielder Oliver Larraz.
As this was the first U-14 camp of a new cycle, it was an opportunity for Youth National Team staff to see the extensive talent from the 48-player group through a variety of training and game settings. The U-14s held a pair of intrasquad games, during which time Oliver, who plays within the Colorado Rapids' youth system, netted twice in a two minute spell.
Oliver was not alone at the training camp. He was joined by his Rapids' teammate Paul Elliott.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 23, 2014
- No Pressure: LA Galaxy confident and relaxed ahead of Supporters' Shield-deciding clash with Seattle - LA Galaxy
- Mitch Murray, the International Man on a Mission - Colorado Rapids
- UAE Embassy and FC Dallas Foundation Dedicate New Soccer Field for Local Children - FC Dallas
- West Coast, Best Coast? Nguyen Represents a Legit MVP Candidate in the East - New England Revolution
- Oliver Larraz Nets Twice and Shines During US U-14 Training Camp - Colorado Rapids
- D.C. United Academy Update - D.C. United
- Nitro Circus Live to Visit Toyota Stadium on May 23, 2015 - FC Dallas
- LA Galaxy and AEG Invest over $15 Million Dollars into StubHub Center - LA Galaxy
- Earthquakes Announce 2014 Club Award Winners - San Jose Earthquakes
- Jimenez Growing into Rightback Role for Crew - Columbus Crew SC
- MLS Issues Disciplinary Decisions for Week 32 - MLS
- Chivas USA Fall in Road Finale, 2-0, at Real Salt Lake - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Real Salt Lake Tops Chivas USA 2-0 - Real Salt Lake
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.