Nichols Named 2013 NBA Development League All-Star
Sioux Falls, S.D. (Feb. 4, 2013) - Sioux Falls Skyforce forward Demetris Nichols has been selected to participate in the 2013 NBA Development League All-Star Game, the league announced today. The seventh annual NBA D-League All-Star Game will be played on Saturday, Feb. 16 at Sprint Arena at NBA All-Star Jam Session at Houston's George R. Brown Convention Center. The game will air live on NBA TV at 2 p.m. CT.
"Demetris exemplifies what our league should be about," said head coach Joel Abelson. "He works hard every day to improve his game and is all about doing what he can to help us win games."
Nichols is currently averaging 17.8 point and 5.0 rebounds through 27 games (all starts). He was named Performer of the Week for games played Jan. 14-20 after averaging 25.7 points, 6.3 rebounds and 4.7 assists while shooting 63.0 percent from the field (29-of-46). The 6-8, 215-pound forward has appeared in 18 NBA games with the Chicago Bulls (13), Cleveland Cavaliers (3) and New York Knicks (2).
The field of 20 players was selected by a vote of the NBA D-League's 16 head coaches and was broken into two teams by League officials. Players were eligible to be selected based on having played in half of their team's games through Jan. 27. Each player must be on an active NBA D-League roster at the time of the NBA D-League All-Star Game in order to compete.
Season tickets and 12-ticket flex packs for the 2012-13 season are on sale. Discounts and benefits are available for groups of 10 or more. For more information please contact a Skyforce representative at (605) 332-0605.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 4, 2013
- Vipers Take Down Armor - Springfield Armor
- Canton's Road Streak Snapped by Fort Wayne - Canton Charge
- Nichols Named 2013 NBA Development League All-Star - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Marcus Landry, Jerome Jordan Named to NBA D-League All-Star Team - Reno Bighorns
- Sioux Falls' Demetris Nichols and Donald Sloan Named Named NBA Development League Co-Performers of t - G League
- Cory Joseph Selected to Play in the 2013 NBA D-League All-Star Game - Austin Spurs
- James and McNeal Named to NBA D-League All-Star Team - Bakersfield Jam
- Courtney Fortson Selected as 2013 NBA Development League All-Star - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Mays Named 2013 NBA D-League All-Star - Springfield Armor
- Two BayHawks Named to NBA Development League All-Star Squad - Erie BayHawks
- Three Vipers to Participate in 7th Annual NBA Development League All-Star Game - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Howard Named to NBA D-League All-Star Team - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Red Claws Lead All-Star Selections with Four - Maine Red Claws
- Arinze Onuaku Named 2013 NBA D-League All-Star - Canton Charge
- Seventh Annual NBA Development League All-Star Game Features 14 Players with NBA Experience - G League
- Austin Toros to Host Wear Red Game - Austin Spurs
- Springfield Acquires Justin Johnson - Springfield Armor
- Indiana Pacers Re-Assign Miles Plumlee to NBA D-League Affiliate Fort Wayne Mad Ants - G League
- Spurs Recall Aron Baynes - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.