New York Red Bulls Name Bernd Eibler Assistant Coach
HARRISON, N.J. - The New York Red Bulls have added Bernd Eibler to Gerhard Struber's coaching staff, the club announced today. Eibler will join New York upon receipt of his U.S. work visa.
Eibler, a native of Wiener Neustadt, Austria, most recently served as assistant coach and video analyst with SV Mattersburg in the Austrian Bundesliga.
"Bernd is a very ambitious young trainer who will support our team in game planning and development," said Red Bulls Head Coach Gerhard Struber. "Bernd and I have been in constant contact about football for several years. I am very happy to have won him for our project in New York."
Eibler, who holds his UEFA A License, got his first senior team position with TSV Hartberg after working for his hometown club, SV SigleÃ. Struber and Eibler were first introduced several years ago, when Eibler was breaking into the coaching ranks in Austria. The two have remained in touch and developed a relationship while working in separate places.
"I am very proud to get the chance to work in the MLS and to be a part of the New York Red Bulls team," said Eibler. "I'm looking forward for this awesome journey and can't wait to start."
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 13, 2020
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Visits Houston Dynamo in Pivotal Clash - Nashville SC
- LAFC Travels to Face Vancouver Whitecaps FC Tomorrow at Providence Park - Los Angeles FC
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- #FCDvSKC: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- Real Salt Lake Welcomes Portland Timbers FC to Utah and Wednesday - Real Salt Lake
- By the Numbers: City vs. the Pigeons - Orlando City SC
- Real Salt Lake Acquires 2020 General Allocation Money from Orlando City SC - Real Salt Lake
- LA Galaxy and LA Kings Sign First-Of-Its-Kind Agreement with Esports Entertainment Group to be Their Official Esports Tournament Provider - LA Galaxy
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at Montreal Impact - New England Revolution
- Match Preview: Fort Lauderdale CF to Host Forward Madison FC - Inter Miami CF
- LAFC Acquires Defender Mark Segbers on Loan from Memphis 901 FC - Los Angeles FC
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Close Two-Game Stretch Versus Eastern Conference Opponents against Nashville SC - Houston Dynamo
- New York Red Bulls Name Bernd Eibler Assistant Coach - New York Red Bulls
- Orlando City Hosts NYCFC in Midweek Match - Orlando City SC
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Inter Miami CF - Atlanta United FC
- New York and Toronto FC Clash at Rentschler Field on Wednesday - New York Red Bulls
- Preview: Sporting Visits FC Dallas on Wednesday - Sporting Kansas City
- Nashville SC Looks to Grow from Tough Defeat at Sporting KC - Nashville SC
- Orlando City SC Acquires Ecuadorian Forward Alexander Alvarado - Orlando City SC
- Toronto FC Defies Adversity to Overtake Eastern Conference: This Week in MLS - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- New York Red Bulls Defenders Aaron Long and Kyle Duncan Earn U.S. Men's National Team Call-Ups
- New York Red Bulls Announce End of Year Roster Decisions
- Red Bulls Knocked out of MLS Cup Playoffs; Fall to Columbus, 3-2
- New York Travels to Columbus for Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Round One Matchup
- New York Red Bulls Players and Pediatric Patients Virtually Design Posters to Mark Five-Year Anniversary of Tackle Kids Cancer