New York and Toronto FC Clash at Rentschler Field on Wednesday
HARRISON, N.J. - The New York Red Bulls (7-8-2, 23 pts) wraps up their two-match road trip against Eastern Conference leader Toronto FC (11-2-4, 37 pts) at Rentschler Field on the campus of the University of Connecticut. Wednesday's match is scheduled to kick off at 7:30 p.m. ET with coverage on MSG and New York Red Bulls Radio on TuneIn in English and Spanish.
Coverage on MSG begins at 7 p.m. ET with the Red Bulls Pregame show. Steve Cangialosi will have the primary play-by-play responsibilities and will be alongside Shep Messing and Michelle Gingras.
New York Red Bulls Radio begins at 6:30 p.m. EST with Countdown to Kickoff, presented by Honda, hosted by Matt Harmon and Steve Jolley. Ernesto Motta will carry the Spanish play-by-play responsibilities, beginning at 7 p.m.
Wednesday's match will be the 33rd MLS regular-season game between New York and Toronto FC, with the Red Bulls owning a 16-9-7 advantage. TFC owns a slight edge as the home team at 7-4-5. New York has won three of the last four meetings against Toronto with three clean sheets and outscoring TFC, 6-3.
17-year-old Caden Clark signed his MLS contract a few hours prior to make his first MLS start and subsequently scoring his first MLS goal in the 47th minute against Atlanta United on Saturday. Clark is the fifth youngest player in MLS history to score on his MLS debut. The previous fifth youngest was Ben Mines, who was 17 year, 301 days when he scored against Portland in March of 2018. He became the third-youngest goal scorer in franchise history at 17 years, 136 days, behind Eddie Gaven (16 years, 253 days) and Jozy Altidore (16 years, 314 days).
Ryan Meara returned to the starting goalkeeper role following a five-match hiatus as he recovered from his hip injury. Meara posted his second cleansheet of 2020 and his sixth career MLS regular-season shutout. The Yonkers native sits seventh in MLS with a .750 save percentage (minimum seven starts), per Opta, and has allowed just one goal or less in 19 of 30 MLS regular-season matches.
New York heads back to Red Bull Arena as they face Orlando City on Sunday Sunday's kickoff is set for 7 p.m. with coverage on MSG and New York Red Bulls Radio in English and Spanish.
New York Red Bulls vs. Toronto FC
2020 MLS Regular Season Match 18
Rentschler Field - Hartford, Conn.
Wednesday, October 14, 2020 - 7:30 p.m. ET
MSG, MSG GO, New York Red Bulls Radio
All-Time Series: New York leads, 16-9-7
At Toronto: TFC leads, 7-4-5
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 13, 2020
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Visits Houston Dynamo in Pivotal Clash - Nashville SC
- LAFC Travels to Face Vancouver Whitecaps FC Tomorrow at Providence Park - Los Angeles FC
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- #FCDvSKC: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- Real Salt Lake Welcomes Portland Timbers FC to Utah and Wednesday - Real Salt Lake
- By the Numbers: City vs. the Pigeons - Orlando City SC
- Real Salt Lake Acquires 2020 General Allocation Money from Orlando City SC - Real Salt Lake
- LA Galaxy and LA Kings Sign First-Of-Its-Kind Agreement with Esports Entertainment Group to be Their Official Esports Tournament Provider - LA Galaxy
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at Montreal Impact - New England Revolution
- Match Preview: Fort Lauderdale CF to Host Forward Madison FC - Inter Miami CF
- LAFC Acquires Defender Mark Segbers on Loan from Memphis 901 FC - Los Angeles FC
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Close Two-Game Stretch Versus Eastern Conference Opponents against Nashville SC - Houston Dynamo
- New York Red Bulls Name Bernd Eibler Assistant Coach - New York Red Bulls
- Orlando City Hosts NYCFC in Midweek Match - Orlando City SC
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Inter Miami CF - Atlanta United FC
- New York and Toronto FC Clash at Rentschler Field on Wednesday - New York Red Bulls
- Preview: Sporting Visits FC Dallas on Wednesday - Sporting Kansas City
- Nashville SC Looks to Grow from Tough Defeat at Sporting KC - Nashville SC
- Orlando City SC Acquires Ecuadorian Forward Alexander Alvarado - Orlando City SC
- Toronto FC Defies Adversity to Overtake Eastern Conference: This Week in MLS - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- Red Bulls Knocked out of MLS Cup Playoffs; Fall to Columbus, 3-2
- New York Travels to Columbus for Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Round One Matchup
- New York Red Bulls Players and Pediatric Patients Virtually Design Posters to Mark Five-Year Anniversary of Tackle Kids Cancer
- New York Red Bulls to Face Columbus Crew SC in 2020 Audi MLS Cup Playoffs
- Red Bulls Defeat Toronto, 2-1; Clinch 6th Seed in East