New York Red Bulls Extend Fábio Loan to the End of the Season
HARRISON, N.J. - The New York Red Bulls extended loan of Brazilian Forward Fábio from Oeste F.C. to the end of the 2021 MLS season, the club announced today. New York has a club option to purchase at the end of the loan.
"We are very happy to extend Fábio through the end of this season," said Head of Sport Kevin Thelwell. "He has been able to fit in with the team, both on-and-off the field, in such a short amount of time and hope to have continued success while he is here."
Fábio, 24, has made an immediate impact since arriving at New York on February 5. The Brazilian forward tallied four assists in seven appearances. He recorded back-to-back two-assist performances in consecutive 2-0 New York wins at Red Bull Arena. Fábio's four assists rank tied for second in MLS with Seattle's João Paulo, just one behind league-leader Carles Gil.
"We have a big trust in Fábio and excited to have him for the remainder of the year," said Head Coach Gerhard Struber. "He has been able to learn our system and make an impact already. We hope to see more success from him throughout the year."
Transaction: New York Red Bulls extended loan of Fábio from Oeste F.C. to the end of the 2021 MLS season on June 10, 2021.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 10, 2021
- Columbus Crew Players and Staff Presented with 2020 MLS Cup Championship Ring - Columbus Crew SC
- Josef Martínez and Ronald Hernández called up to Venezuela national team for Copa América 2021 - Atlanta United FC
- Chicago Fire FC Forward Robert Berić Receives U.S. Green Card - Chicago Fire FC
- Sounders FC and OL Reign Announce Doubleheader Matchday at Lumen Field this August - Seattle Sounders FC
- Emerson Hyndman Suffers Torn ACL in Right Knee - Atlanta United FC
- LAFC Announces New Partnership with Hyperice - Los Angeles FC
- LA Galaxy to Host Welcome Home Tailgate, Presented by Modelo, on June 19 in Conjunction with Return to Capacity Stadium - LA Galaxy
- Real Salt Lake Loans Tate Schmitt to Phoenix Rising FC - Real Salt Lake
- Philadelphia Union Sign Defender Alvas Powell - Philadelphia Union
- Christian Fuchs: "2022 Cannot Come Quick EnoughÃ¢ÂÂ - Charlotte FC
- New York Red Bulls Extend Fábio Loan to the End of the Season - New York Red Bulls
- Chicago Fire FC Tickets on Sale Today at 10:00 a.m. CT for Upcoming Games on June 23 and 26 - Chicago Fire FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.