Columbus Crew Players and Staff Presented with 2020 MLS Cup Championship Ring
COLUMBUS - Columbus Crew today held its 2020 MLS Cup Championship ring ceremony for First Team players and technical staff. The event, which was attended by representatives from the Club's investor-operators: Haslam, Johnson and Edwards families as well as Columbus Crew executives, was preceded by a red-carpet gala.
For download and usage, please see below for photos from tonight's ring ceremony and red-carpet gala, as well as a making-of-the-ring video. Additional media assets from the ceremony will be uploaded to the folders later this evening, including b-roll from the red carpet and soundbytes featuring Columbus Crew President & General Manager Tim Bezbatchenko and Head Coach Caleb Porter. For all video and image usage, please provide courtesy to Columbus Crew and reach out to a member of Crew Communications if you have additional questions or requests.
Each player who featured in the 2020 MLS Cup winning campaign is set to receive a commemorative ring crafted by renowned jeweler Baron. The rings are 10 kt yellow and white gold and 2.15 total carat diamonds, featuring approximately 142 round brilliant diamonds ranging from 1-2 mm, as well as one black stone and one yellow stone that are approximately 1.75 mm each. The entire ring is wrapped in a layer of diamond stones.
The top of the ring displays an engraved Club logo in yellow gold in the center, surrounded by diamonds with the words 'MLS Cup Champions' and two gold stars representing the two Championships by the Crew. The left side of the ring features Historic Crew Stadium as the background, with each player's name and respective number in the middle, above a '2020' marking. The right side of the ring has an engraved MLS Cup logo in the middle, with a star in yellow gold as well as black and yellow stones, flanked on either side by the Club name. The shank of the ring features 'Wise Men Say' song lyrics, a nod to the song proudly sung by the Club's supporters' group, The Nordecke, an unique inclusion by an MLS club. Finally, the inside of the ring is engraved with the Crew's 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs journey, displaying the scorelines and the championship date.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 10, 2021
- Columbus Crew Players and Staff Presented with 2020 MLS Cup Championship Ring - Columbus Crew SC
- Josef Martínez and Ronald Hernández called up to Venezuela national team for Copa América 2021 - Atlanta United FC
- Chicago Fire FC Forward Robert Berić Receives U.S. Green Card - Chicago Fire FC
- Sounders FC and OL Reign Announce Doubleheader Matchday at Lumen Field this August - Seattle Sounders FC
- Emerson Hyndman Suffers Torn ACL in Right Knee - Atlanta United FC
- LAFC Announces New Partnership with Hyperice - Los Angeles FC
- LA Galaxy to Host Welcome Home Tailgate, Presented by Modelo, on June 19 in Conjunction with Return to Capacity Stadium - LA Galaxy
- Real Salt Lake Loans Tate Schmitt to Phoenix Rising FC - Real Salt Lake
- Philadelphia Union Sign Defender Alvas Powell - Philadelphia Union
- Christian Fuchs: "2022 Cannot Come Quick EnoughÃ¢ÂÂ - Charlotte FC
- New York Red Bulls Extend Fábio Loan to the End of the Season - New York Red Bulls
- Chicago Fire FC Tickets on Sale Today at 10:00 a.m. CT for Upcoming Games on June 23 and 26 - Chicago Fire FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Columbus Crew SC Stories
- Columbus Crew Travels to Face the Philadelphia Union Tonight
- Columbus Crew Bids Farewell to Historic Crew Stadium against Chicago Fire FC Tonight
- Columbus Crew Announces Single-Match Tickets for Lower.com Field Are Now on Sale
- Introducing Lower.com Field: Columbus Crew Announces Long-Term Stadium Naming Rights Partnership with Lower
- Columbus Crew Announces Activations for Farewell to Historic Crew Stadium Match this Saturday